Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The dual iPad wrap around dash is a terrible design. I get they did it for millennials cause they’ve grown up with tech like that, and that’s what they like. I’m almost 60 so I’ll go scream at clouds now. Marketers don’t market to my age group, except for drug commercials that help me pee, poo, ejaculate , hear and see. I don’t like the 992 dash and center stack either.
If the shoe fits Robert! :giggle: :like:
1663362725316.gif
Sponsored

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
The dual iPad wrap around dash is a terrible design. I get they did it for millennials cause they’ve grown up with tech like that, and that’s what they like. I’m almost 60 so I’ll go scream at clouds now. Marketers don’t market to my age group, except for drug commercials that help me pee, poo, ejaculate , hear and see. I don’t like the 992 dash and center stack either.
Actually there was a study Ford did back in 2017 and it showed the mustang buyer profile is mainly men over 40. Obviously they're aiming at below 40 now, but it's ot the dash that will sell it. For me the digital dash is a huge distraction and security risk, and the customization options on the screen should have been implemented via phone app, as you do it once and that's it. You don't need a 13'' screen just to sit therand do nothing.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
They may as well actually use and iPad or android tablet that you can actually remove from the car when you park it, then go sit and have your latte with avocado toast at the coffee shop, and use it there too. Apple is gunning to be your cars OS in the future anyhow.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
They may as well actually use and iPad or android tablet that you can actually remove from the car when you park it, then go sit and have your latte with avocado toast at the coffee shop, and use it there too. Apple is gunning to be your cars OS in the future anyhow.
Yep, why not. The difficult thing with the hardware(portable device / tablet) is that compatibility with both kinds of devices may be an issue, so a dedicated app that can talk to the car on-board unit would be sufficient. Also, I tend to believe people are careless and would leave their tablet in the car, when they kind of feel secure, or they "stop just for a second" somewhere, and this may be even bigger issue, indirectly related to the car.
Instead going with full digital dash, I'd love to see a modern, more informative and intuitive HUD that would avoid distraction while driving, which changes depending on the drive mode - e.g. a shift indicator in drag / race mode, and navigation, sign recognition, speed and blind spot monitoring in normal, sport+, etc.
The only thing that I would appreciate a big screen for is potentially a bird view parking camera showing the full surroundings of the car, but to be honest, I saw only a rear view camera in the press announcement and parking sensors, so Ford seems not to be exploiting this capability...or they are saving it for MY2025.
Sponsored