2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Nope, only Miata :giggle:

You can't have it both ways and be a sports car AND a sport coupe. Not if you have good category definitions at least.

Otherwise I can claim to be the handsomest man ever, with a bunch of small print that limits the category to just a few people.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Sports cars never had back seats..
For about ~6 decades.

Now they do?

Next thing I suppose,
they'll be telling us Shelby's are race cars.

Define ;
Racecar: /rās kär/
noun: racecar
1. An automobile built or modified for racing. Does not come with any warrantys. Expressed or implied.
(Nassau's Dictionary- :not Websters:)

Any new car that doesn't come w/ warranty may, or may not, qualify as--a racecar.

Brace for Shelby Typhoon of anger. 🤣

Make no mistake. The Shelby's are a fantastic car. No argument. If I was smart enuff to pay $25K ADM, ID own 1 myself.

I had to pay -22% Msrp ADM,
for my green turd boiler... & I luv it ..
All except for the-
'Gestapo - Communist Transmission'.

Where's the Tremec wiring harness upgrade from FR from the Mock 1 for our cheap junk?
We need an upgrade from the Mt82 -
'Dose of the clap'
aka;
D4 trans..
Common definitions do not specify 2 seater only, and some say 2+2 (MUSTANG). Get over it, it is a sports car.

Sponsored

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
None of it matters without a frame of reference. "Best" compared to what? Who were the losers of this tally? Who came in 2nd and 3rd?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
None of it matters without a frame of reference. "Best" compared to what? Who were the losers of this tally? Who came in 2nd and 3rd?
Ford didn't make this up.

Mustang led all competitors with 80,577 global sales in 2020, according to the most recent vehicle registration data from IHS Markit*.

Let us know what you find.
https://ihsmarkit.com/index.html

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Ford didn't make this up.

Mustang led all competitors with 80,577 global sales in 2020, according to the most recent vehicle registration data from IHS Markit*.

Let us know what you find.
https://ihsmarkit.com/index.html
It's really in competition with Camaro and Challenger (is that a sports car too ? :) ). Of course it sold more than 911s, Caymans or Ferraris. Anyone had doubts ?

The only benefit for us as users is more cars sold, better aftermarket/spares support there is. Fact that Ford sold a lot of them is something that Ford shareholders care about.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So? the Camry and F150 outsold it.
Does that mean they are the best selling Sports Cars, and Sports Coupes, and Mid sized Sedans, and Trucks.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Never mind. I suspect the category was "Sports Car and Sports Coupe", rather than two seperate catagories.

Sponsored

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
This debate reminds me of "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?"

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
FORD stuck with the original 'Pony car' design for the most part "American made, Long hood, short deck , big open grill, 2-door, 4-seater, that would be (for modern purposes) Mustang / Camaro / Challenger". Ford call it a 'sports car' is cause that's the only thing todays randoms understand.

Hwangmihee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lambert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Mustang
Wow imagine your favorite muscle car winning awards and you idiots in the forums arguing over technicalities. Just take the award and move on. I expected this shit from the non-domestic forums but not the actual forum of said winning car, goddamn yall need help.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Wow imagine your favorite muscle car winning awards and you idiots in the forums arguing over technicalities. Just take the award and move on. I expected this shit from the non-domestic forums but not the actual forum of said winning car, goddamn yall need help.
Well technically the Mustang is not a “Muscle” car. The muscle car category consisted of cars like the Pontiac GTO, Olds 442, Ford Fairlane, Dodge Charger, etc. Two door mid sized sedans with monster engines.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
It is funny how people define cars over the years. During the 1930s a two door car that seated two like a 1932 Ford was called a Coupe. During the 1950s a car that seated four people but only had two doors was called a Coupe. The Coupe purist frowned upon a passenger car with two doors and seating four as being called a Coupe. Same deal with a two door car seating four people as being called a sports car. The sports car purist will say a sports car is a small convertible seating just two. The purist in me says a Mustang is a sporty car , but not a sports car.
Sponsored