Sponsored

Ford Motor Company U.S. Sales Up 6 Percent in March

• Thread starter stangray11
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

stangray11

The good news is that Ford is killing it lately, especially the Fusion line. Man I hope they don't use this to justify putting that Fusion design on every car. :tsk: The bad is that the Mustang is still slumping... for now. It's down 15% from March 2012 (7,688 vs. 9,046) and down about the same % YTD.

Some highlights:

• Fusion delivers its best-ever sales month and quarter ever, with March sales passing 30,000 and quarterly sales passing the 80,000 mark for the first time in its history
  • Escape posts its best-ever sales month and quarterly sales
  • Explorer sales up 33 percent – best monthly sales since the current model debuted in 2010
  • America's best-selling pickup for 36 years, F-Series posts 16 percent increase as full-size pickup segmentation continues to improve versus year ago – best first quarter sales since 2007
  • Ford Motor Company March U.S. sales up 6 percent – best sales results since May 2007, with cars even with year ago, utilities up 14 percent and trucks up 6 percent

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fusion-escape-achieve-time-record-133000768.html
Sponsored

OP
OP

JackHoya

Camaro is -12.8% to 8,102 sold in March. Mustang -15% to 7,688 sold. Down across the board, but yeah, still a difference there. We'll make it up soon enough though I wonder how much of a boost the z28 will give Chevy.

OP
OP

Mriley

I'd be interested in how sales are in different regions/how much weather played a role. At least in the NE, it's been an especially long winter. I doubt that helped the Mustang.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Camaro is -12.8% to 8,102 sold in March. Mustang -15% to 7,688 sold. Down across the board, but yeah, still a difference there. We'll make it up soon enough though I wonder how much of a boost the z28 will give Chevy.
Not much specifically on the Z/28 itself since the msrp will likely be at least 60K and northwards... plus it's not a car for everyone; it's for a small subset or niche of buyers... but if anything it may persuade others to pull the trigger on the lower V6 or V8 models. Ford won't rest on its heels... I'm sure their engineering dept are brewing up another secret recipe, hopefully. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

Vickstang

What's surprising is Challenger sales have picked up in recent months. I rarely ever seen them on the roads compared to the Mustang and Camaro.

Sponsored

OP
OP

KZStang

Still, it's a big 28% gain from Feb's abysmal deliveries. Probably has to do with healthy demand for the 2014 models although I'd be surprised if there were that many people jumping the gun on a new Stang right now before waiting to see what the '15 has to offer. April should be telling as more of the '14 models are available at more dealerships.

OP
OP

Oblivion/2

Ugh.. I think the "One Ford" strategy turned into the "One Fusion" strategy. I guess they recognize a winner and running wit it. Me? :thumbdown:
Sponsored