Sponsored

Ford LeMans Driver: Billy Johnson's new YouTube Channel: "One Lap Billy"

BillyJRacing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey guys,

I just started a YouTube channel: "One Lap Billy".

A brief background on myself: I raced the #66 Ford GT at LeMans from 2026-2019, I was a development driver on the Ford GT, GT350, GT500, and various other cars, 2016 IMSA GS champion in the GT350R-C. You can read more about me on my website at www.BillyJohnsonRacing.com

My new channel will typically be of in-car videos from me setting a lap time on my first lap EVER in a bunch of different cars. I will also talk about my impressions on each car and sometimes go over some lap data analysis. Let me know what you think and if this interests you, hit the "Subscribe" button!

Intro:

Breaking the Viper ACR's Track Record in a McLaren 600LT:

720S vs 600LT:

Enjoy!
Sponsored

Last edited:

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
You have a new subscriber!

Sponsored

OP
OP

BillyJRacing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
@BillyJRacing could you add a subseries of videos that can give tips for time attack?
I've thought about having videos with driving tips and providing further insight on different car/driving related topics on my channel, other than videos of what times I can lay down for the first time driving various cars. I might do that in the future if there is a demand for these types of videos.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I might do that in the future if there is a demand for these types of videos.
I think that would be far more useful than just salivating at a hero lap video. But the problem is how do you convey the tips over the spoken word. Can it be adequately described or is in-person required to get the point across?

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I subscribed. I enjoyed the analysis of the 720S vs 600LT. Something like that with GT500 vs. ZL1 and GT500 CFTP vs ZLE would be awesome!

OP
OP

BillyJRacing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Check out my review and first laps in the 991.2 GT3 RS, Data Analysis of the GT3 RS & Lap Time/Data Analysis compared to a McLaren 720S:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Check out my review and first laps in the 991.2 GT3 RS
so who do you have to hold hostage to get one properly configured for the track? I can understand maybe not having Cup2R tires, but what gives about not having the wing aimed properly, even if alignment can't be done track-side?

OP
OP

BillyJRacing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
so who do you have to hold hostage to get one properly configured for the track? I can understand maybe not having Cup2R tires, but what gives about not having the wing aimed properly, even if alignment can't be done track-side?
Pretty much every GT3RS & GT2RS I've seen at the track have their wings at the minimum angle and dont remove the front diffuser air dams, which would give the car more front downforce. Most owners aren't aware they are adjustable. Hopefully this video will spread awareness and more people will start adjusting their cars properly.

OP
OP

BillyJRacing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Want to see on-track data analysis of a 90s supercar overlaid with a 2020 McLaren 720S to see what the difference 30 years of technology advancement looks like? Check it out on my first ONE LAP BILLY tire review of the Yokohama A052 tire:

Enjoy!
Sponsored