Sponsored

Ford is spying on you and sharing your personal information

-RAC-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
They have everything already. I over heard the results of my background check awhile back. I was surprised. It just a matter of how they will use it against you.
Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

bloomerfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Too late to worry that I don give a shit what they do as long as the build my new mustang!

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I spent 20 yrs in the military where EVERYTHING is tracked by your SSN, and it was probably stolen and sold countless times, no longer care. If Ford or anyone else wants to track my driving habits, more power to them. I can easily picture a Ford analyst looking at my data and thinking "WTF is he doing and why? No sane person would drive that erratic. Umm, delete data." :cwl:
Not saying I have feelings one way or the other, but the reason it could be an issue is not what youā€™re talking about, but rather an insurance company looking at it and calling you reckless, finding an accident your fault and/or raising your premiums, etc etc etc. if itā€™s not there now, the issue is that it will be one day because everyone says they donā€™t care.

Last edited:

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I spent 20 yrs in the military where EVERYTHING is tracked by your SSN, and it was probably stolen and sold countless times, no longer care. If Ford or anyone else wants to track my driving habits, more power to them. I can easily picture a Ford analyst looking at my data and thinking "WTF is he doing and why? No sane person would drive that erratic. Umm, delete data." :cwl:
What about when they share your driving habits with your insurance company? Or maybe your eating habits with your health care provider?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
What about when they share your driving habits with your insurance company? Or maybe your eating habits with your health care provider?
That is what got me going. IIRC, someone a long time ago did a track event and his insurance rates went up exponentially and that was the reason. The dealerships, when they sell you a car, get a kickback to enroll you into fordpass. I have to research it, but I think you are about opted into everything.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That is what got me going. IIRC, someone a long time ago did a track event and his insurance rates went up exponentially and that was the reason. The dealerships, when they sell you a car, get a kickback to enroll you into fordpass. I have to research it, but I think you are about opted into everything.
No, not insurance or healthcare companies. Insurance companies only by approval and healthcare by HIPPAA. If someone had their insurance go up because of a track event they allowed it, somehow, to happen.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
No, not insurance or healthcare companies. Insurance companies only by approval and healthcare by HIPPAA. If someone had their insurance go up because of a track event they allowed it, somehow, to happen.
Again, I don't recall the specifics, but the data was shared with his insurance company via that data pool they use. Honestly, I don't see how the sharing of any data from a car that was essentially designed to be a street legal race car is a good idea. Any data that is collected and stored by Ford could potentially be subpoenaed in the event of a law enforcement warrant. One thing I know about computers and data...... information never goes away.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Or Share you LIFE on Facebook :sunglasses:

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I thought that guy above was banned?

20220329_002146.jpg

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I thought that guy above was banned?

20220329_002146.jpg

Maybe the moderators showed mercy, and it was a short suspension of privileges vs a perm ban šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø -- simply guessing

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
OMG.. cant stop laughing.... oh this is sweet...
Well, playing around with the interface and cellular radio...
Hmmmm, this will prolly get deleted. Might need to put this on youtube.
Soooooo... should I sell a cable dongle to plug inline so we can all inject random speed data? It looks like the protocol supports up to 255 mph...
Insurance going to drop me when they hear I hit 255mph driving 200 ft across grocery store parking lot to park far away after letting woman out at the front door.
Hmmm, maybe only trigger this when car is at the dealership?
So much mayhem possible....

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
google has been tracking me since 2006 its good to have another company that cares where I am lol

BlackstangGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
It is far worse than you all realize.
I highly recommend you watch this if you haven't seen it already:

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ā€˜19 GT350
fair enough, if you read the info and you don't agree then you are entitled to your opinion. I prefer dogs too.
I blame YOU Tomsterā€¦ you tricked me into reading which (I hate to do) resulted in me storing stuff in my brain, which then lead me to supplying said useless info to this deer post.
- https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/hit-a-deer.174559/post-3537991

Now, b/c of you, I am at risk of forgetting names of childhood friends that I havenā€™t seen in 50 years, how much I bet my friend the Pirates would beat the Orioles (We are Family series), and anything related to my current job. hope you are satisfied :cwl:
Sponsored