Sponsored

Ford is spying on you and sharing your personal information [LOCKED DUE TO POLITICS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Side note: I am planning to disassemble and have a look into the telemetry unit later on but now the car is just too shiny and new to get ripped apart so soon.
Im planning on shoving my knife through it once my free oil change from ford pass is used
Sponsored

Reactions: dx2

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Im planning on shoving my knife through it once my free oil change from ford pass is used
My plan is to find out how to send enough fake data to get a lifetime of free oil changes.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I work for the Gov’t and have for the past 21 years. They own me and all of my info so I don’t care. I rolled over a long time ago. Hell the Chinese got all of my info from the data breach so meh.
It is what it is.
On a side note, I had a horrible boating accident last weekend and all of my guns, ammo, and high capacity magazines went overboard into the Gulf of Mexico.
The good news is that you can get a T-shirt to commemorate your loss.

1606768678784.png

https://shop.mrcolionnoir.com/produ...boating-accident-shirt?variant=29162359816272

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
My plan is to find out how to send enough fake data to get a lifetime of free oil changes.
Nice, thats a really good idea lol. I wish I was savvy with technology because I would definitely be manipulating systems like this all the time.

My friend is good really good with computers and networking, and knows how to hack stuff like this. I always asked about the danger of someone taking control of the car through systems like this, my he tells me that hacking is all about monetary gain.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
They’re using the cooled/heated seats to determine if you have hemorrhoids. I was wondering why I’ve gotten those free samples of preparation H in the mail forwarded from Ford’s marketing department.
I thought it was the rump ranger sites you have been visiting. Just kidding. I don't know you from Adam but I thought that response was funny and appropriate. Not that there is anything wrong with those sites. I don't judge, I just make jokes.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
It's only a matter of time before they allow law enforcement to disable your vehicle on demand. Saving the world from high speed chases is a good thing, right? Then maybe your car won't go until you clear up this other little matter that they wanted to speak with you about. Maybe you made an awkward joke about a protected group over Thanksgiving dinner and Alexa wasn't amused.

Then climate action will demand that you be rationed a certain number of miles of travel a day. And maybe you have unpaid parking tickets and your car won't move until they're paid. And maybe we just decide that you really don't have any business going in that direction today. There's stuff over there you don't need to see. For your own good.

The tech oligarchs enabling all this privacy invasion have already decided that you don't really have any business driving anywhere because you're just going to kill people and use up a bunch of energy that rightly belongs to someone else. If you let them, they'll force you into autonomous vehicles that they own and which they'll gladly provide to you under certain terms and conditions. As long as you're obedient.

There is plenty that you can do to resist that future and reduce the amount that these companies are invading your privacy. But I get it, convenience is paramount. "Likes" and "Friends" are important.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Reactions: nrc

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
6.jpg

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It's only a matter of time before they allow law enforcement to disable your vehicle on demand. Saving the world from high speed chases is a good thing, right? Then maybe your car won't go until you clear up this other little matter that they wanted to speak with you about. Maybe you made an awkward joke about a protected group over Thanksgiving dinner and Alexa wasn't amused.

Then climate action will demand that you be rationed a certain number of miles of travel a day. And maybe you have unpaid parking tickets and your car won't move until they're paid. And maybe we just decide that you really don't have any business going in that direction today. There's stuff over there you don't need to see. For your own good.

The tech oligarchs enabling all this privacy invasion have already decided that you don't really have any business driving anywhere because you're just going to kill people and use up a bunch of energy that rightly belongs to someone else. If you let them, they'll force you into autonomous vehicles that they own and which they'll gladly provide to you under certain terms and conditions. As long as you're obedient.

There is plenty that you can do to resist that future and reduce the amount that these companies are invading your privacy. But I get it, convenience is paramount. "Likes" and "Friends" are important.

Um that Star System from GM has allowed that for many years if they are following a car that was reported stolen.

Sponsored

petronix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
1972 Vette, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T, 2000 Miata, 2017 Escape
It wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t even upload the data through the cell modem. I bet it is transferred via WiFi and / or through the phone app. My 2019 Bullitt didn’t even come with the cell modem.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Exactly why I don't have the app on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.