Sponsored

Ford is now referring to he Mach-e as "The Mustang" in its ads.

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost 10A
If I wanted to buy an electric road car, it would be the Tesla Model S Plaid (1100 hp); not the Ford Mach E.

Even though the Mach E will be less maintenance compared to the gas powered Mustangs, the bang per buck lags behind that of a comparable Tesla car.
Sponsored

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost 10A
I have no problem with the car,EV is the future but it needs its own identity and name badge

They can revive the Pinto name, just add the E at the end and make it the Ford PintoE.

19bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Mach-e is eligible for the 10k tax credit, Tesla is not anymore. Also easier maintenance and universal charging stations.

I think most car manufacturers have to be a certain percentage electrified by 2025.

If it helps you guys justify it, the electrified mustang/Mach e will actually help the mustang brand stay alive going forward.. similar to how the base v6/ecoboost has always been necessary for financials for them to keep making the V8’s and specialty models.

Sponsored

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
Yeah that was what I was thinking too. The Mustang as we know it as a performance car will become limited special editions in the 70 to 100k range and us working joes will have to settle for used ones as they drop in price or the mach-e as the regular production model.
Exactly. Ford is going to establish the mustang as a sub-brand, not just a single car. It will be a line of performance oriented vehicles, I could see them taking the Explorer ST and making it the Mustang - Explorer edition. My hypothesis, who knows.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Brand label recognition sells cars.

I also think hooligan driving on public roads will be eventually monitored via AI/tech more closely and shared w/ authorities. In order to get insurance they will force you to share data from your vehicle if you want the premium rates etc. Insurance companies are already doing it and set us up for it with their “safe driving” aps. Autopilot capable vehicles will used in higher traffic areas. All this and more is right around the corner.

Last edited:

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
I feel sorry for the 2021 Mach-1 guys. You can just see people asking them "Is that the electric one??"

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Bring on the apocalypse...

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
The Mach-E is NOT a Mustang, I don't care how Ford tries to market it to hipsters and environuts to move more units. You might as well call a Chevy Volt a Camaro. The Mustang is a 2-door coupe, a pony car.

Sponsored

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Lol! Thanks
I’m keeping the bullitt which is really really good, and getting a bronco for the daily.
I am excited for the Mach e though haven’t driven an electric vehicle yet and I’m usually the one driving anyways lol

I see what ford is trying to do with mustang brand and can appreciate it, if it wasn’t called a mustang people wouldn’t be talking about it as much.
I think you're right, that's kinda like New Coke. People were talking about that too. Some people liked New Coke and others enjoyed Coca Cola Classic. I prefer Classic Coca Cola. It's just my taste. I also like meat. I'm sure there are not many of us old dinosaurs left on this earth anymore.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Ford execs should be ashamed of themselves. I would rather see the Mustang die an honorable death than go down this road.