Sponsored

Ford Inspector for Warranty Repair-Update:Warranty Denied Claim Due to Off Road Racing

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
valid points, my car doesn't look like a track car when it goes to the dealer. I may start removing the tow hook for good measure though now!
Sponsored

OP
OP

mikedahammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
...put your street wheels back on and clean the car.
Those were my street tires :) Point noted.

valid points, my car doesn't look like a track car when it goes to the dealer. I may start removing the tow hook for good measure though now!
You may need to delete your interest history.

It's sad that anyone has to deal with this stuff. The contract should be serviced without having to fight. The dealer should also make the call and not a third party. To me Ford is Ford. Sending out third party inspector from Centro when Ford has technicians there. Ten when you call Ford they say that's the to other Ford we don't handle warranty or service contracts. Then the same crap happens with the dealer. Everyone says these are not my problems and your issue is with insert any random person or company here.

If you get a case manager from Ford they don't work with Ford Lincoln Protect. They will say the warranty is backed by Ford but that's not Ford. Then your dealer says you need to work with Ford and use Ford as anyone other than them to resolve your issue. It is the never ending vicious cycle of not my job not my problem.

You also shouldn't have to hide the fact that the car visits the track. Like I said I am happy to share data logs and videos. If I broke something by exceeding the car or misuse/abuse, etc I will own up and move on. I know that is not the case. The car has been cared for and loved (even if it is a one way relationship). However, when I am told and understand that I am good and the warranty is righteous for any nonracing events (HPDE specifically) and then later denied and basically strong armed -- I get a little cranky.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I get a little cranky
I would be pissed off. You have not done anything wrong and you are being played by some pretty horrible people. And Ford's name is on it.

Im the kind of person who would not take it. If I was right, I would fight. The first thing you need to do is reach out to an attorney and see if fees or punitive damages can be awarded. If there was a good possibility of making these people pay, I would do that and not accept a settlement.

Unfortunately, they know the game. Most people won't do that. Most will either move on or work some kind of settlement. It seems they have no interest at this time to settle anything with you. Go through the process, document everything, and make a decision.

Shame.

Last edited:

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
I call this a slippery slope.

FIrst they are looking for stickers and a roll cage
Next they are pulling data from the ECU to see how many times car has been to redline in last 100 miles exc.

I just ate $400 dollars on my wife's Explorer because a circuit board connected to the battery went bad and was denied warranty because they called it part of the battery / battery system... same thing top of the line Ford ESP warranty

I have been a Ford guy all my life but I am close to selling them all

I just got my daughter a Honda Civic for her first car- first time had a non Ford product in a long long time

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I call this a slippery slope.

FIrst they are looking for stickers and a roll cage
Next they are pulling data from the ECU to see how many times car has been to redline in last 100 miles exc.

I just ate $400 dollars on my wife's Explorer because a circuit board connected to the battery went bad and was denied warranty because they called it part of the battery / battery system... same thing top of the line Ford ESP warranty

I have been a Ford guy all my life but I am close to selling them all

I just got my daughter a Honda Civic for her first car- first time had a non Ford product in a long long time
My wife has a Caynne GTS which has a LiPOS battery. These batteries are failing left and right in 2 or 3 years time and people are stuck with the $4000 replacement bill because of bullshit provisions in the Porsche warranty. They want you to drive a certain distance per year or have proof of charging with a Porsche branded Ctek charger. Lots of stories of people complaining and going to Porsche corporate etc. and still not having any luck. And this is under the original manufacturer warranty in many cases. Unfortunately this BS is not just a Ford issue.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Those were my street tires :) Point noted.

You also shouldn't have to hide the fact that the car visits the track. Like I said I am happy to share data logs and videos. If I broke something by exceeding the car or misuse/abuse, etc I will own up and move on. I know that is not the case. The car has been cared for and loved (even if it is a one way relationship). However, when I am told and understand that I am good and the warranty is righteous for any nonracing events (HPDE specifically) and then later denied and basically strong armed -- I get a little cranky.
I have a friend who just toasted the cats in his ZL1 1LE at COTA. He took it to GM, numbers on the car, told them he was at COTA doing time trials, and GM said no problem, we got it. Fixed a week or two later.

A month later, running Hoosiers, he somehow contacted his transmission cooler with the tire, and ripped it off the car. Again, took it into GM, they said no problem, we will take care of it.

Why Ford fights so hard is beyond me. These aren't cheap cars to fix, but there also is only so many 350/R/500's on the road. Even if 1% fail, how much does it actually hurt them? Versus being able to say yup, had a failure, but Ford made it right immediately, and I would gladly buy another.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Why Ford fights so hard is beyond me.
This is not Ford in this case. It is a 3rd party service contract.

I do agree with you they should take care of customers and since Ford endorses this warranty company should hold them to a higher standard.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I have a friend who just toasted the cats in his ZL1 1LE at COTA. He took it to GM, numbers on the car, told them he was at COTA doing time trials, and GM said no problem, we got it. Fixed a week or two later.

A month later, running Hoosiers, he somehow contacted his transmission cooler with the tire, and ripped it off the car. Again, took it into GM, they said no problem, we will take care of it.

Why Ford fights so hard is beyond me. These aren't cheap cars to fix, but there also is only so many 350/R/500's on the road. Even if 1% fail, how much does it actually hurt them? Versus being able to say yup, had a failure, but Ford made it right immediately, and I would gladly buy another.
My engine blew up on the track and ford replaced it no question asked. And the car had nt01, racing seat, harness, etc
The key there was a friendly dealer and under original power train warranty Not even a Shelby. And had a pp2 tune on it
Good luck to the op

26C96E14-4321-4B26-8B9A-66497CA1A577.jpeg

5F7BC374-5FB0-43C9-9F93-B7777FB2AB48.jpeg

E0F59BA7-69A8-49AE-9351-08704A6A67A1.jpeg

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR

Yep. Like I said, I specifically did not buy a GT500 or a Raptor R because of my issues with Ford Warranty (manufacture and ESP) and service. My next DE car will be a Z06, loaded up with Z07 pack (once off supply constraint), exposed carbon wheels...o ya, and a nice fat 8 year warranty that specifically says the ZO6 is covered for track use. I run pretty solid times with my R and get a lot of attention at the track and people asking me about my car and how I like it. It's too bad Ford would rather have me discuss my disappointment in their warranty and service than praise how great a vehicle it is (which it is) and recommend the Ford experience to others. Two weeks ago at Mid Ohio I literally had 2 people tell me how they loved the GT350 but had issues with reliability and more importantly service and had sold the car. They were carefree driving ZL1 1LE's (and leaving me in their dust on the straight in my R.).

I'll never buy another performance Ford again for track use unless they amend the warranty to specifically allow DE in their performance vehicles. I wonder if a future Mustang GTD claim will be denied b/c someone "abused and neglected their GTD by taking it to a DE event." So sad.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR

I do agree with you they should take care of customers and since Ford endorses this warranty company should hold them to a higher standard.
When I had my transmission fail and fought them on the clutch, it was under Ford manufacturer warranty and they pulled the same shit. Literally told me if I had an inspector come examine my clutch to determine it wasn't worn out but destroyed by the failed trans that they would examine my car for signs of "abuse" and look at my service records like tire change frequency. And this was a "friends and family" claim I had and expected a little white glove treatment after recently buying a new R and new Raptor. Nope.

Ford sets the tone, and they should absolutely set the standards even for a third party warranty if Ford is putting their name on it and selling it to someone buying a new car. Ford should handle the situation exactly like Chevy -- specifically allow DE for their performance vehicles. I am not suggesting taking a base explorer out on track should be covered, but letting them deny a GTD, or GT, or 350/R/500 claim for doing so is nuts.

Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Yea its all the dealer. My dealer i take my fleet too wouldnt touch my shelbys, but my shelby tech said absolutely bring it to his

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
You clearly don’t understand how a contract works, or for some reason are bringing up unrelated points? Nobody cares about lap times and loads on the car. The contract doesn’t exclude coverage for “too fast of lap times” or attempt to quantify acceptable loads on the car. The contract excludes “racing.” There is zero reason to argue how much difference in stress a car gets from racing vs a DE, it’s totally irrelevant. DE is not racing.

the contract does not say “racing or similar loads on the car”. If it did, your point should be considered. It doesn’t say that, it says “racing”. A de is not racing, no further argument needed.

I’ve asked to be shown this “abuse” term in the esp. I’ve not been shown it yet. As of now, the only reason under the contract being claimed is “racing.” Until “abuse” is a valid contractual counterclaim, there is no reason to even argue “tracking a car make to go to the track is not abuse.”

No reason muddy the issue with arguments on contract extension, lap times and stress “like” racing. De is not racing, end of story and customer wins unless there is some other exclusion that applies.
Don't matter. Hiring a lawyer will cost more than the repair.
ALSO. There is always 3 sides of a story . The o.p's the other sides and the truth.
THAT A IS AN ISSUE , as we are not privileged with all the information. Or what the dealership has logged since this wasn't the first time the car was there for "issues" .
Or what other data they might have to show abuse. You know like missed shifts, parking it in the limiter from missing a gear. Or what ever else they might have found. WE don't have any information other than the o.p.'s words .
I think there is more to this than being revealed.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
It depends where he lives. If he lives in ND, NE, or WA, his contract is between him and Ford. All the other states are with "Ford Motor Service Company".

That said, "Ford Motor Service Company" is a Michigan corporation headquartered at One American Road in Dearborn, which is also the location of Ford World Headquarters.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ford has built a lot of great cars, but I feel that they have lost their way a little bit in the last 4-5 years. It sucks. I'm definitely a Ford guy. I want to lust after the next new Mustang, but the new cars just aren't as good.

This stuff with shill companies to shuffle off responsibility doesn't help their reputation at all.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Ford has built a lot of great cars, but I feel that they have lost their way a little bit in the last 4-5 years. It sucks. I'm definitely a Ford guy. I want to lust after the next new Mustang, but the new cars just aren't as good.

This stuff with shill companies to shuffle off responsibility doesn't help their reputation at all.
It's true. Ford struggles with internal communication and corporate structure, and this EV race has all but crippled them. I'm sure someone is getting a pat on the back to fuck over the little guy on a repair here and there because it makes it seem like they're bleeding fewer dollars I guess.
Sponsored