For those of you interested and following:
[ame]
Sponsored

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I always wondered, what does someone have to do for a living to be able to afford the cars this guy does or the other one in CA forgot his name (he has a 918 and gt3rs 4.0).

:):):):)

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I can tell you for sure they're not mechanical engineers working for the man.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Tried to watch the video but the guy just talks way too much. It's like asking him what time it is and he tells you how a watch is made. $500K fuck that.

OP
OP
Bosshog

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
I always wondered, what does someone have to do for a living to be able to afford the cars this guy does or the other one in CA forgot his name (he has a 918 and gt3rs 4.0).

:):):):)
Salomondrin (Alejandro Salomon)

OP
OP
Bosshog

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
I think Shmee must have family money initially, but another thing or I should say conspiracy of mine - is these cars are actual never his. . . sure maybe the Focus RS or the GT4 (which he has and are more "affordable.")

But example, what better way for McLaren (he has/had a 12C, 650, 675LT and now 675LT spider) to advertise then give this guy a car for 6-12 months? Every post (nearly daily) shows 150-200K people a day their product for really a low advertising budget. It also shows what it's like to drive, live with, order vs. staring at a flat paper page on an advertisement or pic on Facebook, instagram, etc, etc.

As Shmee has branded "Living the supercar dream." "Dream" the key word here.

I think Ford is the same way in this manner - sure, he'll have to pony up and pay the 50% prior to order start. . but he can get that money from some other bloak pulling favors on the back end (an app developer, sponsor, etc, etc.) It's a safe bet you will NEVER LOSE money on a Ford GT considering there is no aftermarket (flipper) for years and years (2020 fwd.) So it's a safe investment for someone.

The other idea - they have a load of car payments and are using the semi-decent money they make on YouTube to pay their car payments and travel expenses. They are partnering up with companies to provide small funds, free car detailing/wraps, etc, etc. along the way. Most of the production (minus Salomondrin's Bangin' Gears) is 1-2 small cameras, minor editing and some music - so not a big expense at all.

The big expense is how much time these guys put into these daily vlogs. . . and the exposing your self for the positive and negative comments that come your way.
Sponsored