wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Hi to all...

I need some advise. I have a new GT PP1 with 301A and Enhanced Security Package. I want the locks to auto lock each time all the doors are closed. I know that the Enhanced Security Package have re-lock but that only works with the FOB and lets say that i forget to hit the FOB the doors locks remains open.

Is there a way to activate this function thru Forscan or my only alternative is to put an aftermarket alarm?

Any suggestions will be appreciated and thanks in advance...
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I think re-lock is if the car is locked and you unlock the door with the fob and never opened the door, the doors will re-lock to prevent accidental unlock.
I don't think any car has auto-lock function.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Yes this can be done in Forscan, I have done it on my car. I don't know about the fob stuff, but I have auto-lock set up now through the menu.

OP
OP
wcharon

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Yes this can be done in Forscan, I have done it on my car. I don't know about the fob stuff, but I have auto-lock set up now through the menu.
Thanks @msweet. Can you give me more information with the line I will have to update? I don't have Forscan yet but want to have all the information possible and go to the Dealer for the update.

Thanks in advance...

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Thanks @msweet. Can you give me more information with the line I will have to update? I don't have Forscan yet but want to have all the information possible and go to the Dealer for the update.

Thanks in advance...
You don’t have to change anything in the as built code, pretty sure it was just enabling the option in the IPC module. Then it pops up as an option in your dash settings and you can just enable it.

I did it like 4 months ago though so can’t remember exactly. But I didn’t mess with the as built at all

If you haven’t seen or used Forscan yet that may not make complete sense, but once you’ve got it and gone into the first module you’ll see what I mean. It really is as simple as going into the module, selecting the auto-lock feature and changing the selection to “enabled”, and then hit “write” to upload the new settings to the car

Sponsored

OP
OP
wcharon

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
You don’t have to change anything in the as built code, pretty sure it was just enabling the option in the IPC module. Then it pops up as an option in your dash settings and you can just enable it.

I did it like 4 months ago though so can’t remember exactly. But I didn’t mess with the as built at all

If you haven’t seen or used Forscan yet that may not make complete sense, but once you’ve got it and gone into the first module you’ll see what I mean. It really is as simple as going into the module, selecting the auto-lock feature and changing the selection to “enabled”, and then hit “write” to upload the new settings to the car
Perfect..... Thanks.... I will go with that information to the Dealer....

Thanks once again, Buddy....

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

I haven't used Forscan but thought it just changed as built data. If I am understanding this post, you need Forscan to change something in the IPC that isn't as-built data, but will ADD an option in settings to lock the doors anytime you walk away from the car (if not running). Is that right?

And what is the new option labeled in settings since there is already a setting called autolock which just locks the doors when you start to drive?

Or is this just to add that autolock option to cars that did not come from the factory with it?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This might help
Thanks.

What isn't clear to me is the definition of Autolock in this thread and that video. Notice that after he uses Forscan to add the Autolock option to the IPC, the box is already checked.

My Mustang has a feature called Autolock from the factory which automatically locks the doors when you start driving. As delivered, there is no way to turn that off. So my take on that video is they are just adding a way to turn off the feature that locks the doors when you start driving.

What I am looking for is what the OP wants: a way to have the doors lock automatically when I walk away from the car after driving so I don't have to remember to touch the lock area of the door handle or press a button on the fob to lock the car. The other car I drive regularly does automatically lock the doors when I walk away.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
at the 1:17 minute mark this video does what I believe the OP is asking about

There is a link to the fusion spreadsheet so I believe that the changes should be the same for the mustang

Sponsored
OP
OP
wcharon

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
@Blade007... I already have that function but as you can see in the video it is with the FOB and if you don't open any door.

@HoosierDaddy explained very well what we want. We want the locks to close automatically even if you open any door. I know aftermarket alarms have that function but I don't want to take the risk yet and try to find something OEM.

OP
OP
wcharon

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
@Blade007... I already have that function but as you can see in the video it is with the FOB and if you don't open any door.

@HoosierDaddy explained very well what we want. We want the locks to close automatically even if you open any door. I know aftermarket alarms have that function but I don't want to take the risk yet and try to find something OEM.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yea, I’d also like my 2018 to auto lock after getting out of it and walking away... I don’t know why Ford never had that programmed in from the start.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Ah ok I misunderstood too. No you can't enable that in Forscan.

What I enabled in Forscan was the autolock when driving, my car did not come with that setting. What you're asking can't be done as far as I'm aware with the stock alarm

OP
OP
wcharon

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Argggggggggggg. Thanks for the help anyway. I will go to the Dealer to see what they come with and if not will have to get an aftermarket alarm.

Will keep everybody updated...
Sponsored