Sponsored

Ford giving up on the Ecoboost HPP already?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Gas is going to be increasing, i run 93 because I’m tuned but I could go back to stock if ever wanted (nope) but still possible. But mid 30s on highway makes me appreciate the car. Prices today
D178F662-2155-4384-9DC8-C9BF1FAA46F6.png
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
haha that's cute. 94 here is $1.31 per liter so $5.05/gal

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes, it's a genuine Ecoboost HPP. I walked around the car and looked inside before I took pics. Everything points to a genuine HPP. I haven't checked, but I am not sure if you can even get HPP fender badges from the dealer yet.

Just thought it strange he would put Mach 1 stickers on the (already rare)car with the correct fonts etc. as I know the Mach1 is not out yet.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it's a genuine Ecoboost HPP. I walked around the car and looked inside before I took pics. Everything points to a genuine HPP. I haven't checked, but I am not sure if you can even get HPP fender badges from the dealer yet.

Just thought it strange he would put Mach 1 stickers on the (already rare)car with the correct fonts etc. as I know the Mach1 is not out yet.
You can order them 99% positive already seen people ordering them on mustang eb net awhile back

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
ice445

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

Buyer's remorse, probably. Let's be honest, there are tons of guys like that who buy the Ecoboost and then get the "why didn't you get the V8" from all their friends and everyone else. Then they get butthurt, even though the Eco is a perfectly fine and quick car.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
Nothings changed haha. I'm in Wolseley and i have the only GT. There are no other Mustangs in the granola belt haha.
Wow, Wolseley! Awesome! Beautiful area, gorgeous trees.

Way back in the early, early 1900’s my great-grandfather built some houses in that area, then my grandpa joined him and did some houses in River Heights - Fleet being the street I remember.
I remember my dad showing me some of the houses along Lipton, Aubrey, and Ruby. There was also an apartment building somewhere near the houses, maybe Lipton and Wolseley? .

Back in the day,I remember there were lots of Volvos and VWs in Wolseley, but no Mustangs!

Your must have the coolest car in the ‘Hood!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Your must have the coolest car in the ‘Hood!
I do have the coolest car haha. Cause there all paying $3k/month accelerated mortgages on a $400K home so hey can't afford to drive anything nice haha. Yeah apts are still there on Wolseley between lipton & Ruby. I'm on Greenwood bought my childhood home off my dad before the housing boom. It was built in 1910.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I think Ford is marketing the HPP correctly. Some consider the HPP Ecoboost to be a bit pricey for a four cylinder car. I think Ford is making the HPP Ecoboost available to those who don't mind paying more for a four cylinder car and are willing to let the buyer special order the HPP. There is no reason to flood the market with a car that may only appeal to certain enthusiast.

Sponsored

alpha_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.forgitec.com
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT | 2019 BMW X5 | 2022 BMW M4
We just bought my buddy a 2020 HPP Eco, I’ve owned a 2017 eco and (2) 2018+ GT’s, the HPP is anything but slow.. Amazing car for what you pay but yea, we’re in Los Angeles and had to drive out 4 hours to even find a decent one

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Had a 2018 Ecoboost convertible as a rental once. Was a lot of fun and never felt slow or anything. What I missed most was the V8 sound. If all Ford offered was the 4banger, I would probably still buy a Mustang, probably the HPP then.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Had a 2018 Ecoboost convertible as a rental once. Was a lot of fun and never felt slow or anything. What I missed most was the V8 sound. If all Ford offered was the 4banger, I would probably still buy a Mustang, probably the HPP then.
Had a 15' EB Premium for two and a half years. Put 51k on it as a DD. Loved it but wanted one more V8 before i go up to that big Ford dealer in the sky.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Had a 15' EB Premium for two and a half years. Put 51k on it as a DD. Loved it but wanted one more V8 before i go up to that big Ford dealer in the sky.
Completely understand! Got (hopefully) a lot of time left to visit Heaven's Ford but when I do, I'll make sure I drive up there in a V8 :angel: