Sponsored

Ford giving up on the Ecoboost HPP already?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I was bored and looking at cars today, and it seems like there's hardly any HPP's available, anywhere. I found 3 within 500 miles of me. Is this is just going to be a low production thing? Is it going to get dropped? I know new car inventory is supposed to be low and all, but there's 10x as many new GT's and regular Ecoboosts on lots. On top of that, it's hard to even search for them online because there's nothing in the system to identify it as its own trim level on any of the major sites. You have to know what you're looking for, with either the unique rear badge, the side emblem, or the different grille.

Does anyone know anything? I'm not trying to buy one, but the mystery surrounding it interests me. There's only been a few members on here that have one, from what I've seen.
Sponsored

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I was bored and looking at cars today, and it seems like there's hardly any HPP's available, anywhere. I found 3 within 500 miles of me. Is this is just going to be a low production thing? Is it going to get dropped? I know new car inventory is supposed to be low and all, but there's 10x as many new GT's and regular Ecoboosts on lots. On top of that, it's hard to even search for them online because there's nothing in the system to identify it as its own trim level on any of the major sites. You have to know what you're looking for, with either the unique rear badge, the side emblem, or the different grille.

Does anyone know anything? I'm not trying to buy one, but the mystery surrounding it interests me. There's only been a few members on here that have one, from what I've seen.
They are out there, easier to find using the Ford Inventory search tool.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
The inventory search only goes out 100 miles from whatever zip code your start with.

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT

lol we have the exact opposite issue here. 2-3 2020 HPP EB available and just got 2 2021 HPP EB delivered. Sadly (to me), all are autos. I think our last GT was just sold too, white PP1 manual. Wish I could've afforded it, but money isn't great as a tech :/

The inventory search only goes out 100 miles from whatever zip code your start with.
I found mine through a guy in internet sales (seems like those chaps are nicer at ours), only HPP with a manual I could find in-state. Dealer tools allow searching states over, so doesn't hurt to walk in and say you're serious about finding one. May have to ask if they can dealer trade for one.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
On top of that, it's hard to even search for them online because there's nothing in the system to identify it as its own trim level on any of the major sites. You have to know what you're looking for, with either the unique rear badge, the side emblem, or the different grille.
That's also true of the: PP1, PP2, Pony, and CS. I think its because they are not trim levels, just optional packages that you can get. When I was looking for my PP1 I would narrow it down as much as I could, then just search through the photos looking for the black wheels and spoiler.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
but there's 10x as many new GT's and regular Ecoboosts on lots.
And in my neck of the woods there's 10x more ecoboosts then GT's. Seems here the ecoboost is the goto Mustang haha.

OP
OP
ice445

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Hmm, apparently internet search tools aren't doing their job well. I found one locally by cruising dealer inventories. It's a nice car too, an absolutely fully loaded shadow black HPP with showstopper read leather and digital dash.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been seeing a fair share of eb hpp locally. So they must be selling fairly decent

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Only 3 manuals in the N. Virginia area and 23 autos. Some just arrived so they are still making them. But probably selling like crap. Noticed they all have a $3500 rebate according to the Ford.com website. That's not bad at all. If you can get the dealer to match (or more) and add some private cash would be a hell of a deal.

Not popular around these parts but fun as hell car. Had it's ass handed to it though by a 4cyl Supra mag test. That was ruff.

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.......it seems like there's hardly any HPP's available, anywhere......
Dealership Sales Managers either order them, or they don't. Ford has nothing to do with it.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I test drove one, but since it was new was prob on gimp mode. I felt my tuned EcoBoost ford perf was faster though.

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I test drove one, but since it was new was prob on gimp mode. I felt my tuned EcoBoost ford perf was faster though.
It probably is. Just magazine racing here, but Car and Driver tested a 6M 2018 Ecoboost Mustang:

0-60=5.1
1/4 Mile=13.7@102MPH

2020 Ecoboost Mustang HPP 6M
0-60=5.0
1/4 Mile=13.6@102MPH

Looking at those numbers, a $5k difference seems crazy.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I do think the 18 mustangs are indeed faster than 15-17, but I feel 15-17 with FP tune is equal to the HPP eb. I think 18-20 EB with FP are probably equal to 15-17 and HPP.

I am assuming FP puts all 3 trims at the same level
15-17 FP
18-20 FP
21 HPP

I assume basically all same power within few hp/tq

all 3 cars would benefit from ANY ic upgrade.

they make bank... selling basically a FP tune on the car already with a little different looks aesthetically and 3mm bigger turbo, 5k difference, lets say 600 to get FP tune on others, thats a 4400 dollar difference. They do get larger brakes and such, assuming larger radiator too but not 4.4k difference worth with tune accounted for

but I do think they look nice and anyone who has one I think is a nice car. If I was looking at a car and they had a HPP and premium beside each other, all else the same, id try to get the HPP for the best price I could, as its a nicely tuned car off the line.

OP
OP
ice445

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It probably is. Just magazine racing here, but Car and Driver tested a 6M 2018 Ecoboost Mustang:

0-60=5.1
1/4 Mile=13.7@102MPH

2020 Ecoboost Mustang HPP 6M
0-60=5.0
1/4 Mile=13.6@102MPH

Looking at those numbers, a $5k difference seems crazy.
Wonder what the A10 does in comparison. I was helping my buddy shop and he settled on an A10 regular ecoboost. Definitely doesn't feel that slow to me lol
Sponsored