Sponsored

Ford giving up on the Ecoboost HPP already?

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Right now the local electrical energy company sends out reminders to users of electricity to conserve energy by using the air conditioners less during peak energy usage times to use the electric clothes dryers early in the morning so as to use less electricity. If everyone is to charge their car daily, the energy use would skyrocket. As a result, I see Ford keeping the Ecoboost around for a long time.
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Evergy (local electric company) keeps sending me information about how much I could save by switching to their off-peak plan. Funny thing is, the data they provide actually shows it cheaper to stay on my existing plan. You’d think if you were going to spend the money to push an agenda, you’d at least make sure the data aligns with your agenda. This country’s power grid is decades from being able to support the greenies’ fantasies.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve never heard of such things, everywhere I’ve lived I’ve never seen peak hours usage or rolling black outs. I waste power like it’s going out of style and water with no shame.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I’ve never heard of such things, everywhere I’ve lived I’ve never seen peak hours usage or rolling black outs. I waste power like it’s going out of style and water with no shame.
Must have never lived in a PECO area then. I've had on/off peak times for decades. when I was a kid in the 80's houses had 2 meters to track on/off peak usage.
Sponsored