Ford Forged Crank Sprocket / Timing Gear

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Got shipping confirmation today on my ~$25 Ford Forged Timing Gear.
Yup, $25...
Not $250...
I assume its the first GT500 part to come available.

I think WBL (forum vendor, Mike) locked in a few extra pieces in case the price jumps up or stock drops since this is an amazing deal compared to $200+ TG from TSS, MMR, or Boundary.

Anyone else snagging one of these?

EDIT:
Any evidence it is not just a factory Coyote gear?
Is there a link?
It is NOT factory sintered/powder:explode: metal. It is factory FORGED:rockon: (mmmmaaaybe:lipssealed: from :question:GT500 sourcing as they are preparing for production engine assembly?).

LINK IS NOW LIVE:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6306-M50A
"This crankshaft sprocket is designed for race applications. This forged steel crankshaft sprocket is approximately 5x stronger than the factory powdered metal sprocket found on 2015-2017 5.0L engines and offers enthusiasts peace of mind. The factory powdered metal sprocket works effectively in stock applications but when additional horsepower, RPM, and/or the stress caused by belt mounted power adders or accessories are added-this sprocket can help to avoid a costly rebuild."

Huge thanks to :flag:Mike R at Autonation WhiteBearLake for acquiring a batch with us in mind.
You can PM him @fordsvtparts
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/members/fordsvtparts.17997/
Sponsored

Last edited:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Got shipping confirmation today on my ~$25 Ford Forged Timing Gear.
Yup, $25...
Not $250...
I assume its the first GT500 part to come available.

I think WBL (forum vendor, Mike) locked in a few extra pieces in case the price jumps up or stock drops since this is an amazing deal compared to $200+ TG from TSS, MMR, or Boundary.

Anyone else snagging one of these?

Link ?

VTR16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 400A PP MT82
Wonder how much money all these other companies offering the same product for $100-$250 have made off of everyone. Kinda hilarious to be honest. I guess they got us all, including me.

In the famous words of Dave Chapelle, “GOTCHA, BITCH!!!”

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Economy of scale, my friend. Ford can sell us a set of forged rods for $140, a fluid damper for $150, and a performance intake manifold for $370. This is 1/2-1/4 the aftermarket price. And you can bet they get them much cheaper than that. Didn’t ford say in 2011 that it would cost $50 for them to add DI (2 pumps and 8 injectors) to the 5.0? That would cost us almost $4000 aftermarket!!!!

I remember when the zo6 427 ls7 came out. You could buy the whole engine, compete with titanium rods and Cnc ported heads for about $10k. A local engine builder complained that he couldn’t build it for that price buying everything at his cost and supplying labor for free!

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Wonder how much money all these other companies offering the same product for $100-$250 have made off of everyone. Kinda hilarious to be honest. I guess they got us all, including me.

In the famous words of Dave Chapelle, “GOTCHA, BITCH!!!”
I think it’s a sports car thing. I’ve noticed ever since getting my S550 everything costs more that what I’m used to. I’ve been in the Jeep world too long, Jeep guys are thrifty and can tell if something is obscenely marked up. Seems like in the mustang world the vendors know we can’t wait to buy it (whatever it is) and tell everyone how cool it is and that you should buy one too so we can be cool together. Just my take on it.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Economy of scale, my friend. Ford can sell us a set of forged rods for $140, a fluid damper for $150, and a performance intake manifold for $370. This is 1/2-1/4 the aftermarket price. And you can bet they get them much cheaper than that. Didn’t ford say in 2011 that it would cost $50 for them to add DI (2 pumps and 8 injectors) to the 5.0? That would cost us almost $4000 aftermarket!!!!

I remember when the zo6 427 ls7 came out. You could buy the whole engine, compete with titanium rods and Cnc ported heads for about $10k. A local engine builder complained that he couldn’t build it for that price buying everything at his cost and supplying labor for free!
I guess the economy of scale does not apply to the ford racing engines - Allumimator and the new alluminator XS which you can have built for cheaper (even the long block )

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
OPG scare is a scam anyways. Still riding dirty and no issues

OP
OP
sigintel

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
OPG scare is a scam anyways. Still riding dirty and no issues
Bitch.. my girlfriend says you drive like my grandma *language 2nd warning*. Wrap that bitch to 8k for 8 hours on track.
Just joking... yea, might be able to get away with it for street.
If Ford is charging $25 for a forged production TG, it would be the dumbest scam ever since they aren't making any money.
$25 insurance on a $7k motor (assuming you can swap it yourself)?
Although, if Ford is putting them on CobraJets and GT500, ...mmmmaybe they have data that says this is needed?
nice3.jpg

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I lost my motor the first year I had it after Whipple street driving only. Riding dirty didn't work for me.

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Why risk it? It's good insurance even "IF" it is BS. I'd rather just install the OPG/CSS and have at least some piece of mind that I attempted to save my motor. If you blow up your motor because you cheaped out, look how foolish you will feel. And I`m a real tightwad!

VTR16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 400A PP MT82
Random thought here about the whole idea of doing OPG/CS (I have them in my motor)...

Does anyone feel confident enough in the stock OPG/CS that if that same person who would choose NOT to put them in their stock motor...would they still run the stock OPG/CS if they put a built short block in the car? More of a curiosity thing for me. I have them in my motor and would obviously put them in the built motor as well. Just curious about what everyone else thinks haha
Sponsored