Sponsored

Ford Failure - Cooling Fans

tjf37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 OW Mustang GT
At this point, I am using this forum as a resource and hopefully someone from Ford is on the boards and can help me. Here's the back story:

August 10, 2016 - 7k miles - complaint of bearing noise.
RESULT: Dealer Ignored

March 27, 2017 - 18k miles - Complaint of bearing noise
RESULT: Replaced Fan Assembly

June 15, 2017 - 21.9K miles - Complaint of fan noise.
RESULT: Replaced Fan Assembly

Sept 13, 2017 - 24.8K miles - Complaint of fan noise.
RESULT: Via Ford Approval, Engineering and Parts Depts., Replaced Fan Assembly

Sept. 27, 2017 - 25.5k miles - Complaint of fan noise.
RESULT: Still pending.

Filed Complaint with Ford Directly prior to the Sept. 27 Service. At this point, we are back to using the engineering department. I also inquired for the Buy-back program because Ford doesn't have an answer as to why this is happening. Ford declined the buy-back with no answer as to why. Now they can't replicate the noise.

I bought this car new, in good faith that Ford would stand behind their products and any errors that could occur. I have watched my engine temps increase while this assembly is broke, fearing that my engine will become less and less reliable. Clearly this has become quite an inconvenience for me, and Ford is doing nothing to help other than offer me an extended warranty. I love my Mustang, but it seems to be broken more than running at this point. I feel my request is understandable, and fair. Is there anyone that could help escalate this to find a permanent resolution?
Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
depends on your states lemon laws, but you might want to get a lawyer. Of course ford will say they cant do the buy back. You can also file a case with the BBB. At least they replace things. I cant even get a dealer to admit to seeing a problem on anything

OP
OP

tjf37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 OW Mustang GT
[MENTION=30961]codemanstang[/MENTION] I was getting help with replacing the part until I filed for buy-back. Now they apparently "can't replicate" the problem anymore.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
[MENTION=30961]codemanstang[/MENTION] I was getting help with replacing the part until I filed for buy-back. Now they apparently "can't replicate" the problem anymore.
If i had a case where they replaced the part multiple times, and have not found a resolution. I would lawyer it up. In calfironia I wouldnt have to pay for it. Idk your state though.

Cant replicate is HUGE with Ford. IS it cant replicate, or dont want to deal with? Idk but i wish you luck man. Keep us posted.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
... I have watched my engine temps increase while this assembly is broke, fearing that my engine will become less and less reliable. Clearly this has become quite an inconvenience for me, and Ford is doing nothing to help other than offer me an extended warranty.
broke is different than noise. What are the engine temp increases ?
Sponsored