StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Hey Shogun,
I have a 2020 wiring schematic that shows the woofer and tweeter on the same channel. It also says the woofer is full range, I don't believe that is entirely true because when I tried to connect a woofer / tweeter crossover to the woofer plug the tweeter would not work. I can barely here vocals out of the woofer so there is some frequency processing going on somewhere. I ended up just replacing the woofer without the crossover and connecting the crossover to the tweeter wiring in the pillar.
That would be an error carried over from previous years wiring diagrams. The tweeters and the upper door midrange are wired to the same amp channel. The tweeter with a filter cap inline to block the lower frequencies. The mid-bass in the lower doors are on their own amp channel. There is some sort of electronic crossover in the amp as the mid-bass do not get the higher frequencies.
Sponsored

JJSSI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP w/Handling Package, 2004 Boxster S, 2013 Jeep JK,
Vehicle Showcase
That would be an error carried over from previous years wiring diagrams. The tweeters and the upper door midrange are wired to the same amp channel. The tweeter with a filter cap inline to block the lower frequencies. The mid-bass in the lower doors are on their own amp channel. There is some sort of electronic crossover in the amp as the mid-bass do not get the higher frequencies.
Thanks for confirming.
That makes sense. I was not getting high freq to the 6 inch so it could not be connected the tweeter for the tweeter to work. I have found a few other mistakes in the manual also.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
If you look at the factory speakers and amp you realize Ford probably paid less than a $150 for them.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
My 2020 6spkr system rear speakers have large magnets, not those tiny things. You can see them from within the trunk.
Sponsored