Sponsored

Ford extended warranty

skinnysaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Can you purchase a Ford extended warranty after your warranty expires? I would think no. I’m about 3k past and just before I thought about it.
Sponsored

koldrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT500
Not true, any time under factory warranty. Once its expired youre out of luck.
I think other countries have different rules. US is totally as long as your still covered but I have heard multiple time in other countries its only at the time of purchase.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
My .02 I would think as long as the New warranty is valid the extension could be purchased. That would give Ford the link for the services preformed/history.

The reasoning I think, a what if .............. new warranty laps, driver has a mechanical failure, major. Realizing it is going to hurt, runs back to Ford for an extension. Trying to get the problem covered.

I've seen folks drive a car until it completely dies.. They knew the car had troubles well before that happened, ignored case.

So why would Ford, and they every right to do this. Want to extend coverage of a car they were not allowed to service. The I'm only 2 seconds or 3k miles over the warranty contract terms is not a valid excuse .

Bitter pill I know, however with all the slick people. Trying to shift responsibility for their own bad decisions. Who can blame the manufactures form protecting their interest, not me?
OP try see what happens, but would not count on it going your way.

Cheers

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Some Credit Unions offer available extended warranties for 2010+ vehicles, even if the factory warranty is expired.

There are also aftermarket Warranty Companies that offer similar coverage - but be sure you research AND read all the fine print as to what is NOT covered...

Bluezeke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeke
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Just a side note here—I got 100k power train warranty from Geico. It is about $7/month. You do pay a deductible if you use it, and you can only get it on new cars at the time of purchase.

I’ll let you know how it goes if I ever use it.

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
Just a side note here—I got 100k power train warranty from Geico. It is about $7/month. You do pay a deductible if you use it, and you can only get it on new cars at the time of purchase.

i have the same coverage never used it though

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Geico does that ......... slick noted
Sponsored