Sponsored

Ford Extended Warranty (ESP) - Is it worth it and how to buy?

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Hoping to get some feedback from people that have the Ford extended warranty. I'm racking up miles quick and want to get it, but don't have much information about it. The ford website isn't very helpful.

Is it worth getting?

Which plan is the best?

How much does it cost?

Best way to get a good price?
Sponsored

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
they wouldn't sell it if they didnt make money on it

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
they wouldn't sell it if they didnt make money on it
I guess you can say that about just about anything. :shrug:

If the OP is gonna keep the car for an extended period of time or rack up miles (as he says), then I would do it. With all the tech stuff in these cars now a days, costs for repairs would probably be very high. If the OP is gonna sell/trade before or on warranty expiration, then I wouldn't do it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
I'm racking up 25k miles per year. Almost at my one year mark. Plan on keeping the car for at least 5 years. Only have the base GT, so I don't have all the electronic gadgets.

Reading this section of the forum makes me nervous even though I know that it isn't a true representation of all owners.

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
This saved me hundreds. Local dealer wanted almost $600 more for the plan i wanted and wouldn't match the price.
This is the response I got from Flood Ford: "We are sorry but due to Florida law, Florida Residents are not eligible for online service contracts. Please contact your local dealer."

I just found out FL residents can only buy it from a FL dealer. and "coverage must be purchased at the State published retail rates." :mad:

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
This is the response I got from Flood Ford: "We are sorry but due to Florida law, Florida Residents are not eligible for online service contracts. Please contact your local dealer."

I just found out FL residents can only buy it from a FL dealer. and "coverage must be purchased at the State published retail rates." :mad:
while technically true...if you have family/friends outside of Florida, just use their address. Warranties are not registered to addresses, only cars and names.

With that said, after all of the warranty issues I have had with Ford, I just canceled my extended warranties on both vehicles. If the one that comes with the car gets denied every single time I take it in, I don't have any faith that the extended warranty is any better. Definitely preferred the Chysler MaxCare warranties in this regard.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
yup then its a good idea if you're racking up miles

ESP covers everything from labour costs to parts in the event something oem goes wrong, say your seats dont cool anymore or AC doesnt blow cold air anymore, or if the control arms start to creak over bumps, or if the engine fails, or transmission fails, it covers everything.. everything except wear and tear items: windshield cracks, brake pads, wipers, bulbs, hoses etc.

what you might want to consider is FMPP is you're racking up miles.
Sponsored