• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford employee leaves note in Dark Horse glovebox for future owner

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
20 or so years ago when Homelink first added a visor button to record a short message on high b trim F150's, a few factory or dealer employees were leaving really nasty messages on new trucks. It lead to this:

Service Bulletin Number: 14916
Bulletin Sequence Number: 201
Date of Bulletin: 0105
NHTSA Item Number: SB620182
Make: FORD TRUCK
Model: F150
Year: 2001
Component: EQUIPMENT
Summary: SOME SUPERCREWS ARE EQUIPPED WITH A DIGITAL MEMO RECORDER MOUNTED ON THE DRIVER'S SIDE SUN VISOR WHICH ALLOWS MEMOS TO BE RECORDED, THEN PLAYED BACK AT A LATER TIME AS A PERSONAL REMINDER. TO ENSURE THAT ANY UNINTENDED MESSAGES ARE NOT LEFT ON THE DEVICE, PLEASE DELETE ANY EXISTING MESSAGES AT THE DEALERSHIP. ALL TEST MESSAGES ARE DELETED PRIOR TO SHIPMENT FROM THE ASSEMBLY PLANT. UNINTENDED MESSAGES SHOULD BE DELETED DURING PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION AND JUST PRIOR TO VEHICLE DELIVERY TO THE CUSTOMER. *TT
Sponsored

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Call me a cynic but it would have been much cooler to make Quality job 1 or even give the car more than a new name like a upgraded lighter chassis and a 5.8 engine than a PR stunt like a handwritten note for a good customer that tunes Mustangs and making sure that the rest of the worlds gets to know about it....LIke AMG or GM putting names on the engine...Who cares who build the engine ? All I care for is that it runs and makes power without giving you any trouble even after the warranty ran out !

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Call me a cynic but it would have been much cooler to make Quality job 1 or even give the car more than a new name like a upgraded lighter chassis and a 5.8 engine than a PR stunt like a handwritten note for a good customer that tunes Mustangs and making sure that the rest of the worlds gets to know about it....LIke AMG or GM putting names on the engine...Who cares who build the engine ? All I care for is that it runs and makes power without giving you any trouble even after the warranty ran out !
Later. Rinse. Repeat.
Sponsored