MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
@Tomster is rolling his fenders and doing a set of 24", tons of clearance ...

As you with Jedi master. Edit I tried it won’t let me sit the title

Up at the top right corner of the thread, there's a menu called Thread Tools, click that, the drop down has an option, Edit Title, that'll do what you want.

upload_2020-8-18_14-59-33.png

OP
OP
Don's Stang

Don's Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500. 2018 C63S
@Tomster is rolling his fenders and doing a set of 24", tons of clearance ...

Up at the top right corner of the thread, there's a menu called Thread Tools, click that, the drop down has an option, Edit Title, that'll do what you want.

upload_2020-8-18_14-59-33.png
cool I couldn't find it on my phone, grabbed the Laptop and there it is. Thanks

Though Ford really has to do something with the front wheels, I think there should be a recall so they can redesign the front wheels to give more clearance. This could get ugly for Ford if the Flagship vehicle starts damaging wheels and calipers just driving around town

OP
OP
Don's Stang

Don's Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500. 2018 C63S
That will never happen. Like I said before, the carbon fiber wheel clearance is worse. If you don't like it, aftermarket wheels are your only option (other than selling your car). Its a take it or leave it deal.
wow the Carbon Fibers are worse, holly molly batman. When those wheels start getting damaged that is going to a public relation nightmare for Ford

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
wow the Carbon Fibers are worse, holly molly batman. When those wheels start getting damaged that is going to a public relation nightmare for Ford
Not really. If it were going to be a PR disaster it would have happened with the 350 already.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Where have you been? Thats the reason why people are buying aftermarket wheels such as signatures. Unless you have the wheel warranty, they will not replace or repair them.

Here's a photo of the CFTP clearance.

And you are right, they are a disaster waiting to happen.

caliper clearance.jpeg

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Ya it is nice. But the lack of clearance between the rim and caliper is going to cause a lot of problems and a lot of damage both calipers and wheels. If it happened to me in a day or two imagine how many others will get damage as more people put miles on these cars
I had 9K track miles on my 350R and not one issue at the track with the wheels and clearance. I had a rock get caught in one and it scratched it up a bit, but nothing major, as well as rubber pieces. Most high performance track oriented cars have huge calipers and run into the same issues.

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
I get where you're coming from, but I'd still like to have your problem. I have a big brake envy problem though.
Still heard amazing things about your car's braking abilities. What size are the front rotors?

I get a lot of people asking me (in both my SS and now this car) how the brakes are so good with no drills or slots. People just assume performance car = drilled rotors. I guess the cooling tech with the two piece system is good enough it doesn't need them and would rather have additional surface area for actual stopping power increases.

Not that anybody is going to see these GT500 brakes and wonder if the car is good at stopping lol

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Still heard amazing things about your car's braking abilities. What size are the front rotors?

I get a lot of people asking me (in both my SS and now this car) how the brakes are so good with no drills or slots. People just assume performance car = drilled rotors. I guess the cooling tech with the two piece system is good enough it doesn't need them and would rather have additional surface area for actual stopping power increases.

Not that anybody is going to see these GT500 brakes and wonder if the car is good at stopping lol
15.35mm on 19" wheels. I just went and eyeballed the clearance and I probably have only a 1/4" in some parts? I may be screwed as well once I get a rock in there... battle scars happen.

The car definitely stops like a "light car". At this point, I don't see ever needing to upgrade anything. I think I can keep the car stock for my goals. Once I hit the laptimes I'm after, I'll just upgrade to a faster car... and I bet it will have bigger brakes. :D