Sponsored

Ford did it again. Eruption green. Good grief, looking at ordering another M1!

truckinguy92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Performance Pack
OK, so I sold my beautiful 2021 Iconic Silver M1 with the tremec. I loved the car and admit I am fickle about a stick or an automatic. Picked up an used '19 auto. It is fast and fun.

But, it is not a Mach 1.

So, now I am considering ordering a 2022 in Eruption Green exactly equipped as my 2021 except for the transmission. I think both transmissions are great, but admit I also like the dragstrip. The 10R80 is significantly faster there.

But what about the track? How much difference is there between the stick and the auto? And, those of you with an auto M1 that have also owned an 18-20 GT auto, is there any difference with the tuning on the transmission that is listed in the brochure?

I would be purchasing the auto but not the track pack.

Any any all comments are appreciated!
I’m just curious why you got rid of your 1st M1? Especially going backwards 2 years. I have a 21 A10 GT PP w/magnaride and I have never had problems with it hunting for gears. Of course I don’t run around like a maniac but I do some spirited driving on the interstate & back roads when I can. I’m looking forward to going to Pocono Raceway this June with it. My last year date got canceled because of weather. Keeping my fingers crossed this year. I can drive either without issue manual or auto (obviously). Either way you go, you won’t regret it other than you’re losing 10hp/10lb-ft, which is negligible especially if you’re going to modify it like most. Mine is bone stock which is fine for me.
Sponsored

StangersInTheNight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I have '18 R and no experience with auto Mustang except my old '68, which doesn't really count. I have other cars with auto that I have tracked, and offer generic comments:

- The SL63 AMG has 'sport +' mode, which can be quite aggressive, and I really like it most of the time. The problem is - it doesn't know road condition (seems obvious explaining it in hindsight). I almost had an incident coming out of the turn before the hill at Lime Rock when the track was wet (not raining at the time), and it downshifted as I entered that turn. Turning it off solved the problem, and I now know when NOT to use it.
- Paddle shifting - maybe this is the alternative, but I think it depends on the tranny. I have 2011 and 2013 vehicles with paddle shifters. On both, there is noticeable delay from the time the paddle is pressed until the transmission shifts. If you're setting up turn-in, and want to down shift, it's a bit tricky to time with the braking. I don't believe this is a tranny problem per se, but more of a computer problem getting the signal to the tranny fast enough. I suppose if I practiced enough, I could get the timing just right, but I'm an old man and already have too many things to think about at speed.

I've read that the engineers of the C8 transmission were concerned about this, and designed the shift process so that the paddle shifters talk directly to the transmission. I've not tracked a C8 or any other contemporary auto to know if delay has been reduced or removed. Others that have tracked an auto Mustang should have some insight.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't work as well unless it's a min temp and it doesn't hold up well over a max temp.
that's likely true of any trans and config. But yes, get the A10 super hot and it becomes VERY angry.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I would order a M1 A10 if given the choice. I track HDPE my 18 p1 machish conversion since I bought it. It took adding two piggybacked 27plate derale air to air coolers for oil and transmission to keep it happy. As well as kenny bell differential cooler. These upgrades have allowed me to stay out of limp mode. Even in 86f temps. I generally wont run track days with temp above that due to heat ofcourse.

wishing the OP the best of both worlds and Green is awesome choice.
Do you have a write-up of your install?
Sponsored