scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
if I saw or heard that happening to my car I probably have to kick their ass or come pretty close to kicking it and trying not to break my damn foot off up in it. oh and BTW how did the paint work turn out?
Clear coat on the bumper peeled inside of one year and had to be done again.

Watch out, you're "painting with a broad brush". These are just "your experiences", so you can't write off every Ford dealer. Even if they apply :facepalm:
Hey, don't blame me for calling it as I see it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :like:
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Clear coat on the bumper peeled inside of one year and had to be done again.

Hey, don't blame me for calling it as I see it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :like:
damn that’s crazy... got it sprayed and clear peeled and have it sprayed again? Any spider webbing?

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
damn that’s crazy... got it sprayed and clear peeled and have it sprayed again? Any spider webbing?
The clips on the original bumper cover were broken on one side, so they brought in a new cover - They painted and cleared it and put it on my car. I'm guessing they rushed the job and didn't let the paint cure properly before applying the clear coat... it was flaking off in chunks. No spider webbing. Had it redone, has been fine since. Go have a look the other paint issue I was having just a month ago - https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/rear-window-paint-chipping.130178/page-2#post-2944926 Ford denied to cover fixing it because the panel wasn't rusted through... so I paid out of pocket and let a friends body shop deal with it. Let's just say Mustang ownership has been an experience to say the least...

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Paint turned out well?
Yes, they sent it to the best body shop in town. Matches perfectly. It's been over a year and a half and no corrosion <fingers crossed>. They also cleared the underside of the hood, so it's glossy. I took the liner off to show off the Mustang logo, so the gloss is sort of a unique feature of my car lol.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
yeah I should go buy a BMW

Edit: didn't realize the OP was this post

The issue is where are you going to find a brand new 460hp V8 with a manual transmission? I came back to Ford because my wife has had a few Ford Escape Titaniums and they actually never had any issue with them. Sold my BMW E92 M3 which I had for 7 years and came to the Mustang side again, first new Stang for me since 1998. Love the car but if I hold this car to the same standard that I did for the BMW I would have already pulled my hair out from the lack of build quality this car has.

Don't get me wrong...I love the car. I just accepted that its a Mustang GT, not a M3/4 and accept for it for what it is. I have a ton of fun driving it but I do miss my E92, never had one issue with that car.
DSC_1550.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yes, they sent it to the best body shop in town. Matches perfectly. It's been over a year and a half and no corrosion <fingers crossed>. They also cleared the underside of the hood, so it's glossy. I took the liner off to show off the Mustang logo, so the gloss is sort of a unique feature of my car lol.

Everyone will know it’s probably painted too lol

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
4-3-2-1 Mezcal Margarita:
4 oz. lime juice
3 oz. grapefruit juice
2 oz. mango puree (I used Naked brand, they have it at Target)
1 oz. blue agave nectar
8 oz. mezcal
Food dye of choice (optional)
Combine and shake thoroughly over ice. Serve in salt rimmed glass with additional ice.
Those did look killer. I bet they tasted as good as they looked.

So,...let me ask,.......did you use a splash of 87 or 93 octane in those??
:cwl: :crackup:

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Really ready to throw the towel in on this car and I actually like the car... the Ford dealers in my area are a royal PITA to work with! I shouldn’t have to drive 20 miles to even find a decent one.

I’m thinking at this point I might need to locate a Roush, Steeda, or specialty dealer I hopes they’ll take better care.

Appointments are to just meet w/an advisor, work is a week or 2 out, oh and they want to take the car now, have it sit and not give you a loaner or another piece of transportation! Makes no sense to me!!
I completely agree. Coming from German car brands, it's a different world. For Ford, if you want a loaner for warranty work, you'll need to get their extended warranty plan and if you want a loaner for times the car is getting serviced, you'll need to get their premium service plan. My "adviser" has been promising to contact me regarding getting me in, but he never does and even when I text him on his business line, he rarely even responds.

No matter how bad your experience has been, mine has been 1000x worse in my first 6 months of ownership. I'm still going to make the best of it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I completely agree. Coming from German car brands, it's a different world. For Ford, if you want a loaner for warranty work, you'll need to get their extended warranty plan and if you want a loaner for times the car is getting serviced, you'll need to get their premium service plan. My "adviser" has been promising to contact me regarding getting me in, but he never does and even when I text him on his business line, he rarely even responds.

No matter how bad your experience has been, mine has been 1000x worse in my first 6 months of ownership. I'm still going to make the best of it.
I’ve owned my for about 5 months...

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I’ve owned my for about 5 months...
Have you had your 10R80 replaced, your APIM replaced, had the plastic around the digital dash replaced the passenger seat sent to an upholsterer due to interior padding stitched while sticking out of the seat or had the passenger door panel not even completely seated/clipped-in so any bass from the speaker led to buzzing.....what about C-pillar and A-pillar rattles as well and remember that replaced APIM unit, it will still intermittently either not see CarPlay or not even charge the phone until you do a soft reset.

Did you have these issues in the first 5 months and needed to deal with a Ford dealership for them? LOL.

And the keys in my pocket put a hole in the cheap vinyl side bolster of the drivers seat, which has never happened to any of the 8 cars I've owned. Apparently the "leather seats" are closer to 30% leather, the majority of the seat is thin el-cheapo vinyl.

Sorry for my venting :-) this car has just wasted so much of my time. I should have just gotten A CLA 45 AMG or something.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Have you had your 10R80 replaced, your APIM replaced, had the plastic around the digital dash replaced the passenger seat sent to an upholsterer due to interior padding stitched while sticking out of the seat or had the passenger door panel not even completely seated/clipped-in so any bass from the speaker led to buzzing.....what about C-pillar and A-pillar rattles as well and remember that replaced APIM unit, it will still intermittently either not see CarPlay or not even charge the phone until you do a soft reset.

Did you have these issues in the first 5 months and needed to deal with a Ford dealership for them? LOL.

And the keys in my pocket put a hole in the cheap vinyl side bolster of the drivers seat, which has never happened to any of the 8 cars I've owned. Apparently the "leather seats" are closer to 30% leather, the majority of the seat is thin el-cheapo vinyl.

Sorry for my venting :-) this car has just wasted so much of my time. I should have just gotten A CLA 45 AMG or something.

None of that and if I did I would be calling ford requesting a buy back or trading that garbage in.

and a c43 AMG lol...

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
You guys aren't making me feel that confident about my 2020 Mustang PP1 car. I know
None of that and if I did I would be calling ford requesting a buy back or trading that garbage in.

and a c43 AMG lol...
I almost got a X2M35i before the stang. The car was a blast just still wanted a manual.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
You guys aren't making me feel that confident about my 2020 Mustang PP1 car. I know

I almost got a X2M35i before the stang. The car was a blast just still wanted a manual.

Yeah I mean I had trouble with dodge... they are close to equal... went and looked at a new dodge and found a flaw or two that Irretated me.
It sucks because I love to support USA and USA jobs it’s almost like they don’t give a damn... my next car might be a foreign.
Sponsored