OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah Ford service sucks... Lexus and them BMW they probably give you balloons and stuff.
Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
It's a Farce, dealerships are independently own. Ford supplies vehicle to dealers. Ford expect them to sell so many vehicles per month. If dealer sell the allocation then they get more.
The dealers in turn are responsible for doing warranty work.

If you have a beef with a certain dealership you can complain till your face is blue. If they have done something illegal they will tell you to call authorities or get a lawyer.
Sometimes TV reports will motivate dealers, but not much anything else will.

Now alot of dealerships are own by one person over several states. They know when you cross shop if they own both. Information is shared on computers

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I hear ya. I took mine in to 3 dealers for a chirp in the rear end. All they did was hot rod my car and put miles on it. I know for a fact one dealer did some high speed test drives cause the launch control was left on when I got it back. I never have it on, hell I've never used it. I ended up spending my own money and replaced the right rear hub. And my car is a 2019 and only had 3000 miles on it.
The valet mode prevents that.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Thats something that hasnt changed, when I had my 2004 Mustang I got crappy service from 99.9% of the Ford dealers. I had Honda, Toyota and Lexus throughout the years and I have never been as upset as the Ford dealers make me. On the 2020 GT Premium I just bought, I took it in for a rattle under the passenger seat, broken trim that goes around the seat track and a paint chip that was between the trunk and the rear window, the service advisor was the biggest piece of crap by telling me that I should not tail gate trucks so closed so the paint chip, broken trin and the rattle under the seat arent his or Ford's problem. I snapped and told him to stop talking shit and look where the chip was, suddenly the loaner that was reserved for me wasn't available anymore. I asked for the manager which he refused to get him. I was able to track the service manager which he saw all issues and agreed that Ford would cover the. As for the loaner I got a Lincoln MKZ. The worse part was that I still had that aszhole as my service advisor which he continued to screw with me by ordering the wrong trim. My Mustang was at the dealers for 13 days, as for the loaner I put over 1000 miles in those 13 days, they have it to me with 23 miles.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I go to the same dealer on the same piece of property that has both Ford and Chevy. Dealing with the Ford service department, I would never buy a Ford again.

I had a rear reflector pop out and warp and they argued that it got caught in one of those car wash rollers that clean the car. Funny, as long as I owned the car it has never been to a car wash and even if it had, the hard plastic was warped and it would have just torn out had that been the case. Though I have a Ford Performance exhaust, so I figured that would be the next argument. Either way, I said the heck with it and replaced the $25 part myself.

Then the infamous AC condenser issue at 40 months and 18,000 miles not being covered or recalled. They say it is not a safety issue. Seriously, I am pretty sure the refrigerant that leaks into the cabin has skulls and cross bones on it and 22 warnings from the govt. and is a safety issue when you breath it.

Dealing with the Chevy service department has made me a life long customer. I have bought a couple Silverado's and Tahoes and they have even replaced things out of warranty. We put 200,000 miles on some of them and I had almost no out of pocket over the 10-12 years we had each of them. They just run it up the chain with Chevy and at most even if I have had to pay, it was usually heavily discounted. I had one part replaced ($800 repair) at over 100,000 miles at no charge because Chevy issued a new part and they acknowledged the previous one had a design flaw. No recall and I didn't even ask, they just did it.

I saw on this forum that my same Ford dealer denied a warranty claim because they saw a helmet in the rear seat and said it wasn't covered because the car had been tracked - which they couldn't prove. Honestly, between the crappy Ford service and the lack of coolers and other essential items for a performance pack car (heaven forbid you go to an HDPE event), I am seriously considering a 1LE. Chevy not only warranties it for track use, but they give you a set up guide. I am also very confident Chevy will stand behind their warranty.

A 65 Mustang 289 / 4 speed was my first car and I will someday get another one, but this will likely be the last car I buy from Ford.

Think this all only applies to a GT like I have?,See this poor guys GT350 warranty thread. Cant imagine spending good money to be treated this way.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/what-is-reasonable-to-expect-ford-warranty-to-cover.144675/

Sorry for the long rant!

Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Gotta get the BBB auto line involved...have had good results with that on my Nissan Armada and my mustang which had the a/c issue.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Thats something that hasnt changed, when I had my 2004 Mustang I got crappy service from 99.9% of the Ford dealers. I had Honda, Toyota and Lexus throughout the years and I have never been as upset as the Ford dealers make me. On the 2020 GT Premium I just bought, I took it in for a rattle under the passenger seat, broken trim that goes around the seat track and a paint chip that was between the trunk and the rear window, the service advisor was the biggest piece of crap by telling me that I should not tail gate trucks so closed so the paint chip, broken trin and the rattle under the seat arent his or Ford's problem. I snapped and told him to stop talking shit and look where the chip was, suddenly the loaner that was reserved for me wasn't available anymore. I asked for the manager which he refused to get him. I was able to track the service manager which he saw all issues and agreed that Ford would cover the. As for the loaner I got a Lincoln MKZ. The worse part was that I still had that aszhole as my service advisor which he continued to screw with me by ordering the wrong trim. My Mustang was at the dealers for 13 days, as for the loaner I put over 1000 miles in those 13 days, they have it to me with 23 miles.
man this was funny as hell! Just hope your car doesn’t come back with high miles either. I am dealing with the EXACT same scenario right now! Exact same! What state are you in? how are they fixing the paint chip?

Gotta get the BBB auto line involved...have had good results with that on my Nissan Armada and my mustang which had the a/c issue.
the BBB auto line what do they do how does it work exactly?

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
It's a Farce, dealerships are independently own. Ford supplies vehicle to dealers. Ford expect them to sell so many vehicles per month. If dealer sell the allocation then they get more.
The dealers in turn are responsible for doing warranty work.

If you have a beef with a certain dealership you can complain till your face is blue. If they have done something illegal they will tell you to call authorities or get a lawyer.
Sometimes TV reports will motivate dealers, but not much anything else will.

Now alot of dealerships are own by one person over several states. They know when you cross shop if they own both. Information is shared on computers
Yes and no. Even though dealers are independently owned, they still need to comply with the brand policies for the sales and service department. From sale quotas, prices, facilities, sales/warranty process, etc. You dont follow those policies, you will lose your franchise. Yes, some Brands will cut some slack to some dealers because of their car sales.

In fact, warranty work is the best work for a dealership. 1) You dont have to negotiate with the customer. 2) If you have a great relationship with Corp, you can pretty much do any major warranty work w/o too much back/forward. 3) When doing warranty work will pay you the parts (cost + some %) and the labor.

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma, 2020 Miata, MB E350
Have re-thought my purchase of the Mustang for now. I would be better off buying an extended warranty for what I have in 2023 or wait for something else to come out that may meet my service needs better. Have always liked Mustangs and have had 3. A '66 in '68, a new S197 GT in 2012 and a custom built '66 vert in '17. I love the sound and listen every time one is at a light beside me. Mustang owners as whole are great folks but having been used to great service from the Porsche and Mercedes dealers it will not be a pleasant experience to deal with what some of you here have dealt with numerous times. Will still follow here and glean what I can but as I said until I can sure of great service I will not sell what I have.

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma, 2020 Miata, MB E350
One other point from above. The only drawback other than service costs of the luxury brands that I have experienced is that there is not one on every corner. My closest Porsche dealer is 1.5 hr away and only have four within 2.5 hours.
However, the drive is pleasant and service is worth it as have my choice of nice vehicles as loaners not bargain basement cars and most are far more expensive than what I drove in. From talking with other folks and from the Porsche boards, I have never heard of a denied a warranty claim even for tracked cars. I am sure there have been some however most luxury brands do not nickel and dime you.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have to drive 35 miles past multiple dealers to get one that seems alright. Happens to be a Roush dealer but I left another Roush dealer for issues you mentioned. I have not been to any Ford dealer I would trust. Chevy dealers around here are great so it's a shame. You can drop your car off the night before after hours, fill out a card and in most cases have an answer the next day. If not they will give you a loaner.

SplawnDarts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Convertible, 2013 Nissan Frontier
My nearest two "regular" dealers are pretty much useless as far as I can tell - limited inventory, MSRP pricing, and service departments I wouldn't trust with a tricycle. There's a Roush dealer about 20mi away that seems to have it together, and I'm taking the car there for now.

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
That's what really hurt about leaving BMW. Even had a loaner for an oil change if I didn't feel like waiting.

Whatever you do, get a decent dashcam.

I caught a local Ford dealer committing fraud. They said they put my car up on a lift and checked all these issues, blah, blah, blah. I get home and my dash cam video tells a completely different story. All they did was drive it around the block, never once had it on a lift, didn't inspect a single thing on it, other than a test drive. Of course they invoice Ford they put in on a lift, blah, blah, blah. That's fraud. I called up Ford corporate and complained; they don't give a shit, to put it bluntly.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
As an employee who went from a Ford dealership to a BMW dealership, Its like 2 completely different worlds. I can see why people stick to the higher end brands now. That is something Ford hasnt addressed is their customer service/dealership issues yet they keep hiking the prices up on everything. At Ford we only gave loaner cars to people who's car was going to be at the dealership for multiple days and even that was like pulling teeth for alot of people. At BMW we have a loaner line of cars strictly for people getting regular maintenance done so you dont have to sit in a nasty hot cramped lobby for 2 hours like at Ford.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have to drive 35 miles past multiple dealers to get one that seems alright. Happens to be a Roush dealer but I left another Roush dealer for issues you mentioned. I have not been to any Ford dealer I would trust. Chevy dealers around here are great so it's a shame. You can drop your car off the night before after hours, fill out a card and in most cases have an answer the next day. If not they will give you a loaner.
yeah even my Dodge dealer experiences were better than this at 2 or 3 different dealers... and I had a loaner before.

My nearest two "regular" dealers are pretty much useless as far as I can tell - limited inventory, MSRP pricing, and service departments I wouldn't trust with a tricycle. There's a Roush dealer about 20mi away that seems to have it together, and I'm taking the car there for now.
yeah how are guys finding these Roush dealers?

As an employee who went from a Ford dealership to a BMW dealership, Its like 2 completely different worlds. I can see why people stick to the higher end brands now. That is something Ford hasnt addressed is their customer service/dealership issues yet they keep hiking the prices up on everything. At Ford we only gave loaner cars to people who's car was going to be at the dealership for multiple days and even that was like pulling teeth for alot of people. At BMW we have a loaner line of cars strictly for people getting regular maintenance done so you dont have to sit in a nasty hot cramped lobby for 2 hours like at Ford.
that’s what I know. Only bad thing is the only car I like from BMW is the m3. The next bad thing about that is it’s the only car I can afford to buy used. So doubt the warranty and service would be a thing... I’m going to take a look though. I know Acura is coming out with a performance vehicle next year but they don’t like to deal so I don’t know...
Sponsored