Ford Dealers are Terrible

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
All I have to say is that Dodge just won JD Powerbottoms's coveted Not Initially Shitty award. This is the same Dodge owned by Fix It Again Tony Chrysler Automobiles.
Must be the lobbyists.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Based on your description It appears you are looking for "specialty" work and not normal service correct?

For normal service you schedule an appointment and drop off your car when you are scheduled for service like everyone else Ace. For 5 years this is how my 37k Mustang has been serviced. My dealership offered me a loaner once because they had to fix an issue they caused but that's it. When I bought the Ford I knew that loaners were not a part of the deal like my Audi. To get an Oil change I need to schedule 1/2 weeks in advance.

For specialty work, as appears to be the case with you Ace, you need to schedule an appointment to speak with an advisor who handles specialty work. I happen to have my car serviced at the number 1 Roush dealership in the world and there are a limited number of people who handle those requests. You seem to think that everyone should be able to handle your "special needs" without waiting like everyone else.

You don't need to drop off your car. Talk to an advisor, make an appointment, and drop off your car when the service will be ready.

All Ford dealerships don't suck because you can't wait your turn Ace. Smoke a bowl and relax.

whining.gif
Iā€™m very relaxed ā€œaceā€. Iā€™m glad you had such a great experience dropping your car off at Ford and that itā€™s a special need to have my car fixed that I just purchased and I paid for/paying on while they tell me that all the loaners are out and I can purchase an enterprise rental for $30 a day. Youā€™re probably an advisor there if thatā€™s how you think. Iā€™d tell you youā€™re full of shit. The dealer would do 1) of 2) things:
1) Call me when they need the car to begin work and then give me a loaner. Or 2) they work out a deal with enterprise for a rental to cover warranty work that doesnā€™t affect my wallet, ā€œaceā€.
Thatā€™s how it should work for warranty work if your car is there overnight/more than a day.

You mention Audi, (you know that German bullshit that always caught fire) why do you think they have so many loaners to hand out? Whatā€™s the value you think in that?

You donā€™t think an American dealers in our beautiful country should try and match some sort of standard?
I canā€™t help what you donā€™t understand ā€œaceā€ enjoy your Non Roush Ford at your local Roush dealer. Iā€™m sure they love leaving it parked there as much as you love paying for it.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
No, lobbyists buy legislation, they don't waste their time on gold stickers and participation awards. They're much to busy making sure your vote doesn't count unless it's working for them :like:
comparing Ford and Dodge, Iā€™d say the build quality is close to the same... I think dodge might be doing a bit better. The dealers maybe because Iā€™ve built a relationship over owning them for the last 5 Years have been good. Got a loan for an oil change one time, can they covered something under warranty that was totally not under warranty. Ford Iā€™ve only owned for 5 months and this is my first interaction with service so we will see...

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Iā€™m very relaxed ā€œaceā€. Iā€™m glad you had such a great experience dropping your car off at Ford and that itā€™s a special need to have my car fixed that I just purchased and I paid for/paying on while they tell me that all the loaners are out and I can purchase an enterprise rental for $30 a day. Youā€™re probably an advisor there if thatā€™s how you think. Iā€™d tell you youā€™re full of shit. The dealer would do 1) of 2) things:
1) Call me when they need the car to begin work and then give me a loaner. Or 2) they work out a deal with enterprise for a rental to cover warranty work that doesnā€™t affect my wallet, ā€œaceā€.
Thatā€™s how it should work for warranty work if your car is there overnight/more than a day.

You mention Audi, (you know that German bullshit that always caught fire) why do you think they have so many loaners to hand out? Whatā€™s the value you think in that?

You donā€™t think an American dealers in our beautiful country should try and match some sort of standard?
I canā€™t help what you donā€™t understand ā€œaceā€ enjoy your Non Roush Ford at your local Roush dealer. Iā€™m sure they love leaving it parked there as much as you love paying for it.
Based on how little sense you are making on the Forums it doesn't shock me that you are having such a hard time getting a car serviced at a dealership. You appear to be a PITA whiner who thinks the world revolves around you. If you are going to be a whiner do us Mustang owners a favor and proceed to your nearest Chevy dealership and get a Camaro.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
No, lobbyists buy legislation, they don't waste their time on gold stickers and participation awards. They're much to busy making sure your vote doesn't count unless it's working for them :like:
Just kidding with you man. All good.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
:ontheloo::ontheloo:
Based on how little sense you are making on the Forums it doesn't shock me that you are having such a hard time getting a car serviced at a dealership. You appear to be a PITA whiner who thinks the world revolves around you. If you are going to be a whiner do us Mustang owners a favor and proceed to your nearest Chevy dealership and get a Camaro.
Im not buying a Chevy or any other car. If the dealer(s) donā€™t get it right when Iā€™m done with this car Iā€™ll visit another brand. And it seems at least buy the post her a lot of Mustang owners are going through the same thing. Anyhow... :computerrage::like::ontheloo:

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma, 2020 Miata, MB E350
I would think that there are good and bad dealers in every brand. I think the odds are better for a great experience at a dealership where the cars sell for $40-50,000 more than the Mustang. It has also been stated that you pay far more for service and parts than you do at Ford. From what I have heard it seems that more owners have problems with the Ford dealers than owners of German vehicles on other forums do their vehicles. A VW even a GTI is far less expensive than say a Porsche 911, M3, M4, M5 so to expect that same amount of quality is short sided. Everything is built to a price point and the Ford Mustang is no exception. However, dealer attitude and striving for customer satisfaction could be better from what I have been hearing from the majority of posters here. Also, given the cost and profit margin of certain German brands they can afford more qualified techs that are factory trained, certified and have served an apprenticeship at other dealers before they are turned loose on your car. For example, most Porsche techs look at their jobs as a career and not a summer or in-between job.

OlTexastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VB GT PP1
So I just traded in my Eco for a GT and below was what I posted on the Ecoboost forum about my purchase:

Okay so Iā€™ve told you how we got to buying the car now the rest of the story, so they made me an offer on my car without even seeing it so when I went there they made the same offer and the first thing I said was ok I want my wheels and tires swapped over and the salesman said no because it was part of the $$ amount on the trade in which I replied you valued it the same as never seeing it which means you assumed it had stock wheels and tires so after a few minutes of going back and forth he goes to the sales manager took a whole second and came back and said itā€™s ok they will swap them out. So then we spend the next 30 mins haggling over what they offered for mine which they finally went up another $1000; which I was fine with. So I get there this morning and pull over next to my new car so they can do the swap and the salesman tells me I will have to pay for it, I said that was something that should have been brought up when we originally talked about it I pointed out they had several empty bays and guys standing around shouldnā€™t take them 15-20 mins to do it, so he goes inside to talk to the manager so at this time I start doing a walk around the car since I hadnā€™t seen it they pulled it from another dealers lot so first thing itā€™s still dirty and then I start finding spots that need to be buffed out, scuff marks and a couple of small rock chips on the front end, a small door ding and a scratch on the spoiler and did I mention not clean. So the manager comes out to look at what it would take to swap the wheels and tires over and proceeds to tell me that my rims wonā€™t fit on the new car because they are concave etc. I looked at him and said REALLY tell me what has changed on the chassis Of these two cars that they wonā€™t fit, all he could sat was they wonā€™t fit, I told him put them on the lift and pull one front tire off each and see, that is after we decide if Iā€™m buying this car or not. The salesman was like WHAT, what are you talking about so I walk him around the car showing him the chips and scuffs, and along the way pointed out that their cleaning crew sucked but I didnā€™t want them to touch it again Iā€™d clean it myself, so his reply to all of the other things I was pointing out was, ā€œ this isnā€™t a showroom car itā€™s been driven and is going to have marks and stuffā€ which I replied itā€™s a new car but if thatā€™s what your going with then knock another $2000-3000 off the price and by the way Iā€™m not paying for the tire swap either, so off to see the GM again. So while we are waiting on him they put the cars on the lift and swap 1 front tire, the tech comes out and says your wheel fits on the new car but the wheel off it wonā€™t fit your old car, so I walk to the car and know whatā€™s wrong before we get to it, the wheels I bought had the rings that go on the hub to make them fit and sure enough it was still on the hub, slide it off and presto the wheel fit. So the salesman comes back and says the body shop is closed so take the car and I will call you Monday and we will get it in and fix everything plus give you a loaner and we wonā€™t charge you for the tire swap. Then he proceeds to tell me that he doesnā€™t understand why I donā€™t want the wheels and tires that are on there that they cost more than what I have and are better, my answer was they are 10ā€ wide flow forged with Continental extreme contact tires He should look up the pricing and doesnā€™t really matter thatā€™s what I wanted. Any way they get the swap done and pull my new car off the lift and then when they start pulling the old car off it gets stuck lol the profile on the new tires was 40 and mine were 35 but it had just a little more sidewall because of the width of the tire and rim. I just sat in my new ride laughing they eventually got it off. So the final irony to all of this is I talked to my dealer in Austin just over 30 days ago about getting a new car and was told my car wasnā€˜t worth what I thought it was and the market was dead blah blah blah so I went to Houston a 2 1/2 hour drive instead of 30 minutes and ended up with a car that was sitting at the dealership in Austin so as I said earlier if I could just combine the good things from both Mac Haik dealerships it would be a great place to go. Sorry it was such a long read but hey might as well go out with a bang. And by the way the 10 speed auto is pretty cool I could see where you would miss the manual at times but man There is no way I could shift as fast as the auto does now.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So I just traded in my Eco for a GT and below was what I posted on the Ecoboost forum about my purchase:

Okay so Iā€™ve told you how we got to buying the car now the rest of the story, so they made me an offer on my car without even seeing it so when I went there they made the same offer and the first thing I said was ok I want my wheels and tires swapped over and the salesman said no because it was part of the $$ amount on the trade in which I replied you valued it the same as never seeing it which means you assumed it had stock wheels and tires so after a few minutes of going back and forth he goes to the sales manager took a whole second and came back and said itā€™s ok they will swap them out. So then we spend the next 30 mins haggling over what they offered for mine which they finally went up another $1000; which I was fine with. So I get there this morning and pull over next to my new car so they can do the swap and the salesman tells me I will have to pay for it, I said that was something that should have been brought up when we originally talked about it I pointed out they had several empty bays and guys standing around shouldnā€™t take them 15-20 mins to do it, so he goes inside to talk to the manager so at this time I start doing a walk around the car since I hadnā€™t seen it they pulled it from another dealers lot so first thing itā€™s still dirty and then I start finding spots that need to be buffed out, scuff marks and a couple of small rock chips on the front end, a small door ding and a scratch on the spoiler and did I mention not clean. So the manager comes out to look at what it would take to swap the wheels and tires over and proceeds to tell me that my rims wonā€™t fit on the new car because they are concave etc. I looked at him and said REALLY tell me what has changed on the chassis Of these two cars that they wonā€™t fit, all he could sat was they wonā€™t fit, I told him put them on the lift and pull one front tire off each and see, that is after we decide if Iā€™m buying this car or not. The salesman was like WHAT, what are you talking about so I walk him around the car showing him the chips and scuffs, and along the way pointed out that their cleaning crew sucked but I didnā€™t want them to touch it again Iā€™d clean it myself, so his reply to all of the other things I was pointing out was, ā€œ this isnā€™t a showroom car itā€™s been driven and is going to have marks and stuffā€ which I replied itā€™s a new car but if thatā€™s what your going with then knock another $2000-3000 off the price and by the way Iā€™m not paying for the tire swap either, so off to see the GM again. So while we are waiting on him they put the cars on the lift and swap 1 front tire, the tech comes out and says your wheel fits on the new car but the wheel off it wonā€™t fit your old car, so I walk to the car and know whatā€™s wrong before we get to it, the wheels I bought had the rings that go on the hub to make them fit and sure enough it was still on the hub, slide it off and presto the wheel fit. So the salesman comes back and says the body shop is closed so take the car and I will call you Monday and we will get it in and fix everything plus give you a loaner and we wonā€™t charge you for the tire swap. Then he proceeds to tell me that he doesnā€™t understand why I donā€™t want the wheels and tires that are on there that they cost more than what I have and are better, my answer was they are 10ā€ wide flow forged with Continental extreme contact tires He should look up the pricing and doesnā€™t really matter thatā€™s what I wanted. Any way they get the swap done and pull my new car off the lift and then when they start pulling the old car off it gets stuck lol the profile on the new tires was 40 and mine were 35 but it had just a little more sidewall because of the width of the tire and rim. I just sat in my new ride laughing they eventually got it off. So the final irony to all of this is I talked to my dealer in Austin just over 30 days ago about getting a new car and was told my car wasnā€˜t worth what I thought it was and the market was dead blah blah blah so I went to Houston a 2 1/2 hour drive instead of 30 minutes and ended up with a car that was sitting at the dealership in Austin so as I said earlier if I could just combine the good things from both Mac Haik dealerships it would be a great place to go. Sorry it was such a long read but hey might as well go out with a bang. And by the way the 10 speed auto is pretty cool I could see where you would miss the manual at times but man There is no way I could shift as fast as the auto does now.
Wow over a 2 hour drive, just to get what you want...

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I have owned Mustangs before. My last new Mustang was in 1998 when I bought a SVT Mustang Cobra. Loved the car, but had a couple of nagging issues that the dealer could never fix. Not to mention the damage done to my car while it was at the dealer and they wouldn't admit it. I had proof and they fixed it, but why should I even be put in this predicament. I live in South Bay in Los Angeles and they have a very finicky clientele. This is how I ended up in the BMW world. Ended up buying my first BMW, a 2001 E46 M3, one of the first in Cali to get one and got it just a tad over MSRP when everyone was paying $10k over. Had 3 more M3s, 1 Porsche 997S and a slew of other BMWs until this Mustang. My wife has owned several new Ford Escapes with the 2.0 Ecoboost, we have a 2020 Ford Escape right now. It is put together pretty well, just some questionable plastic in parts of the car but generally pretty nice. I bought this Mustang knowing that it wasn't going to be up to a BMW, Lexus and such as far as build quality and materials. Its a Mustang, but Ford has improved the Mustang to a point with the S550 that its now acceptable to me, and I own a base 300A car with just PP1. I bought it purposely this way. I will add Katzkin leather, as that leather is so much better quality than the leather Ford uses and I can customize it. I have no issues seeing a service advisor with South Bay Ford, there is a slew of Ford dealers near me. I think a lot of the experiences is due to the locale of the dealership and its clientele.

OlTexastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VB GT PP1
Wow over a 2 hour drive, just to get what you want...
Crazy right, 2 1/2 hrs away to get a car 30 mins away. I donā€™t know what the salesmanā€™s problem was at the dealership closest to me. But he wonā€™t have to worry about my business any more.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Crazy right, 2 1/2 hrs away to get a car 30 mins away. I donā€™t know what the salesmanā€™s problem was at the dealership closest to me. But he wonā€™t have to worry about my business any more.
yeah thatā€™s what I ran into around here. Itā€™s like the dealers close to me donā€™t have the cars and then next ones close donā€™t want to deal so I push out further but usually only 20-30 miles so it isnā€™t too crazy plus I like to actually see the car.
For me to buy out of state sight unseen I donā€™t want to do that and to drive 3 hours and still not be sure Iā€™m buying the car thatā€™s still a no go.
Sponsored