Sponsored

Ford Dealer install pricing (springs and exhaust)

michformulas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium
I asked my dealer to quote installing Ford Racing 1" street lowering springs. They called my cell today and said "You're looking at about a grand". I had also inquired on a cat back exhaust system "We have a system that replaces your rear valence. About 3 grand installed"

I said thank you and hung up. They obviously didn't want to do the work. The springs are $350. I don't think it should be $650 for labor. They have many different cat back options approximately $1500 and up and less than an hour labor.

I need to go talk to my friend/neighbor with the lift down the road.:shrug:
Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I just had my springs, bushings, align sleeves and jounce bumpers installed for $350 at my local auto shop.

Start asking around at any shop related to autos about installing performance parts, eventually you should be lead to the best and closest guy around.

I got my reference from the guy who tinted my windows.

Or yes, get access to a lift & tools, get the install sheets and do it yourself.

Terry

OP
OP

michformulas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium
Thanks. Not a lot of choices here but for the amount they wanted to charge in labor I can almost buy my own lift. I will look around town though. My other problem is time being 60 hours/week is normal and I have a family. Not complaining about working on this as I love working on all my cars. I was just frustrated that they seemed to want to price themselves out of the work. Ford needs to encourage their dealerships to promote performance.
Sponsored