FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I can offer you this, if you want to check the work over, I can offer you access to my setup.

20201020_121756.jpg

20201213_193815.jpg
That workout bar definitely gets used a lot in that spot Lol. nice looking area. its clean
Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
That workout bar definitely gets used a lot in that spot Lol. nice looking area. its clean
It actually does. Literally have to move a couple of things and I'm good to go. Got a pair of 40kg bowflex dumbells and a cable machine outside. Just missing a leg curl.

Eleiko. Serious stuff.
Yessir. Can't work out with any other bar. The knurling is just right. Great for powerlifting. Great for oly lifting in the summer. Got some nice comp bumper plates too

Impressive set up there and thank you
No problem. Sat/Sun preferred. Just drop me a PM. Won't take long to check things over.

20200910_152551.jpg

20200803_202635.jpg

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It actually does. Literally have to move a couple of things and I'm good to go. Got a pair of 40kg bowflex dumbells and a cable machine outside. Just missing a leg curl.

Yessir. Can't work out with any other bar. The knurling is just right. Great for powerlifting. Great for oly lifting in the summer. Got some nice comp bumper plates too

No problem. Sat/Sun preferred. Just drop me a PM. Won't take long to check things over.

20200910_152551.jpg

20200803_202635.jpg
The photos don't look like there's much room, but it appears it works. I am 150lbs and was benching 275 last year, I developed some pain in my bicep/clavical/shoulder area, now I can't even do any pushing motion. darn, was aiming for double body weight!. now its legs for days.

I have a gym about a minute down road, but I did buy a treadmill for cardio days, didn't feel like running outside anymore lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
UPDATE

I’m pleased to report I had the car dropped back tonight with a new sideskirt fitted and all looks well.

So this puts an end to the saga just massively disappointed to have to fight so hard to get this issue resolved. The comment “keyboard warrior” is still irking me, as this is not the way I operate and tried several times over the phone to resolve this matter. Before being forced to resort to bad Google review after exhausting their complaints process.

Prior to this I’ve only ever had positive experience from main dealers so this has been quite a surprise to me !

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Glad it’s finally sorted :like:

So, what accessory are you buying next ... ? :giggle:

WD :like:

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Glad it’s finally sorted :like:

So, what accessory are you buying next ... ? :giggle:

Well, the fun police (aka the wife) has stipulated strictly no more car part purchases as we need to have the back garden done. Just hope she’s not home when the next deliveries are due !

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Tell her you ordered these ages ago and forgot about them. Delays due to COVID.

Better to ask for forgiveness than to seek permission.

Just put in an extra bedding area in the garden or something. Win win.

Sponsored

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sometimes I miss working from the office - she never got to find out ... lol

My missus is clearly blind as I always make the same school boy error of telling her about any purchases. A prime example of her being totally oblivious was when BMW lent me an M4 C for the weekend when I had my M2, she actually asked me whilst facing the M4C when I was going to go and pick the M4C up!!! Yes same colour but Jesus she hadn't even noticed the black roof!!!!!!!

Now I keep my mouth shut. Xbox series X when I finally get hold of one is not being mentioned!!!

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Part II - The never ending saga !

So my car originally went in to Bristol Street Ford to fix what sounded like a bearing noise at higher RPM in low gears.

Whilst at first glance it appeared they fixed the fault but did a whole load of damage to my car, I’m so frustrated to report that less than 500 miles later the fault / noise has returned as before.

Cue a strong phone call to the dealership manager the car went back in a couple of days after the call. As it went in so quickly the dealer didn’t have any curtesy cars available so Ford HQ sorted a hire car (Focus) independently to the garage from Europacar which turned up absolutely filthy inside and out with what looked like someone has sneezed on the inside of the windscreen !

Anyway back to the repair this time a full video of car condition at drop off was taken and the service manager was dragged out to review the car condition at the time with me.

The car has been in the dealers now for over 3 weeks and I’ve had to chase for updates as they are not forthcoming. Today I called for my latest updates to be told good news your parts have arrived and we are just waiting for a (low) ramp to become free so we can start the work. Interestingly this is the same update they gave me last week !

After kicking off they have promised that I’ll have the car back at the end of next week ! I’m not holding my breath !

I can’t emphasise enough how much of a shit show Bristol Street Ford are ! 3 weeks and they haven’t even put the car on the ramp to start the repair !

To be honest to date I’ve avoided the temptation to unleash my frustration at them as I’m conscious the car is not stock and my concern is they could turn around and say the warranty work is not covered as the car has been modified ! That said I’m getting so wound up by this whole saga now they may well be getting a full on rant soon !

I’ve only had the car 18months which to date 2 months have been spent in their garage completing what should be a relatively simple repair job !

Moan over…

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Part II - The never ending saga !

So my car originally went in to Bristol Street Ford to fix what sounded like a bearing noise at higher RPM in low gears.

Whilst at first glance it appeared they fixed the fault but did a whole load of damage to my car, I’m so frustrated to report that less than 500 miles later the fault / noise has returned as before.

Cue a strong phone call to the dealership manager the car went back in a couple of days after the call. As it went in so quickly the dealer didn’t have any curtesy cars available so Ford HQ sorted a hire car (Focus) independently to the garage from Europacar which turned up absolutely filthy inside and out with what looked like someone has sneezed on the inside of the windscreen !

Anyway back to the repair this time a full video of car condition at drop off was taken and the service manager was dragged out to review the car condition at the time with me.

The car has been in the dealers now for over 3 weeks and I’ve had to chase for updates as they are not forthcoming. Today I called for my latest updates to be told good news your parts have arrived and we are just waiting for a (low) ramp to become free so we can start the work. Interestingly this is the same update they gave me last week !

After kicking off they have promised that I’ll have the car back at the end of next week ! I’m not holding my breath !

I can’t emphasise enough how much of a shit show Bristol Street Ford are ! 3 weeks and they haven’t even put the car on the ramp to start the repair !

To be honest to date I’ve avoided the temptation to unleash my frustration at them as I’m conscious the car is not stock and my concern is they could turn around and say the warranty work is not covered as the car has been modified ! That said I’m getting so wound up by this whole saga now they may well be getting a full on rant soon !

I’ve only had the car 18months which to date 2 months have been spent in their garage completing what should be a relatively simple repair job !

Moan over…
I feel your pain. I have a 1 yr old Ranger Raptor which has an indicator fault. Basically right rear and side indicator became inoperative. So, I took it to Bristol Street to get it fixed under warranty.
No less than three weeks later they still have it, and can’t find the fault!! Even Ford Tech can’t sort it apparently?? What an F’ing joke!! Can you imagine the repair bill if it was out of warranty?
but.. my biggest issue is this.. I planned to sell the crap to WBAC on June 9th but then the indicators failed. Now it’s worth £2.5k less!! Imagine how pissed off with Ford I am. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again. My Focus RS needed a new head and gasket, my ST had a faulty passenger seat and after five recalls on the Raptor I’m done!!

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Sorry to hear your experiences and hope you get the Raptor fixed soon.

I appreciate occasionally you might get the odd issue with a new car and to be fair I’m quite relaxed about it as long as they fix it efficiently. My issue with Bristol Street Ford is how the dealership operate and the really poor service they are providing.

I had a new Jaguar before the Mustang and it had a few issues but they dealt with it really well and treated me great. Night n day difference To Ford !

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
That's the only reason I can think of to go back to that shop, but even then ...

Would be interested to hear what modifications you have done and if the shop knows about them though. Did they mention them at all?

Seems in the USA Ford dealers have a more relaxed attitude to modifications that should not affect the issue at hand, while here I was (kindly) warned about my non-original oil drain plug. :-/
Sponsored