Sponsored

Ford Confirms 2019 Shelby GT500 Mustang, Supercharged V8 Over 700HP [Teaser Video]

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Actually you're right. I won't be getting one. Bitch t-boned me last week so by end of this week I'll have to "settle" for a Shelby.
Ill believe it when I see it. I will be the first to welcome you to the club if indeed this happens. Aside from all the BS, I hope you are OK
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Ill believe it when I see it. I will be the first to welcome you to the club if indeed this happens. Aside from all the BS, I hope you are OK
When you can pick up a low milage '16 for 50K what's hard to believe?

Luckily I was fine, she hit my passenger side.

Honestly what I find most amazing was that her Q3 hit me DEAD ON with her front, in my passenger door hard enough to total my car, yet her front airbag never went off.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
When you can pick up a low milage '16 for 50K what's hard to believe?

Luckily I was fine, she hit my passenger side.

Honestly what I find most amazing was that her Q3 hit me DEAD ON with her front, in my passenger door hard enough to total my car, yet her front airbag never went off.
Great to hear that your are okay!

Having said that I suggest that if you are looking at a 2016 GT350 that you look at a Track Pack car and make sure that the engine oil cooler tube assembly recall has been already been taken care of.

;)

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Great to hear that your are okay!

Having said that I suggest that if you are looking at a 2016 GT350 that you look at a Track Pack car and make sure that the engine oil cooler tube assembly recall has been already been taken care of.

;)
I'm actually looking more to 17-18's but I'm actually wondering if with how little track use I likely will see, and that I will be daily driving it (winter snow days aside) if a 16 tech/convenience with just a few FP parts added back may make more sense for me just because I can get it cheaper. I found a 16 with 6k on it for 50.5 by me I'm going to look at, clean carfax, waiting to hear back about OASIS from a friend, but at the price, it may just be a more logical buy. I'm not finding much reason to pay the new MSRP when I can get a 2017 for 4-5K less.

We'll have to see what just gives me that "gotta get it" feel when I see/drive it.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Just join this Group on Facebook: S650 Shelby GT500

The administrator is the author of the info just posted
Amy particular reason this group gas "S650" in its title?

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Not saying they couldn't run both together on the line but I don't think that will happen.
I wasn't certain about the GT500 and GT350 running together either, but since everything from the "leaked oil chart" is becoming real... well, I see it as a possibility now.

From a credible source on a Facebook post:
Confirmed and okay for public knowledge.

1. It will be released in MY 2019.
2. There is going to be a one year overlap of both models, so the will 350 live on in 2019.
3. It's going to be powered by a 5.2 crossplane crank modular engine.
4. It has the best qualities of the last generation of GT500's combined with characteristics of the 350 and 350R.
Straight from Ford.
It does sound realistic.

Still, I think that there is going to be more than "one year overlap"... most likely I'm wrong but that's what I think.

on the back half of the 2019 MY, which will be in Calendar year 2019.
I'll guess 500 or less built for 2019 MY and full steam ahead for 2020MY.
I'm with you. A very limited 2019MY at the first half of 2019CY and then the 2020MY running full production on the second half.

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
I just read where Cadillac is coming out with a twin turbo V8. Hope this is the direction Ford goes in the future.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I just read where Cadillac is coming out with a twin turbo V8. Hope this is the direction Ford goes in the future.
Nope, I don’t think Ford will be headed in that direction.

Ford doesnt have an equivalent to the Vette (the Ford GT is a completely different thing, only made for it to win at LeMans and sell a few “almost race-spec” GT’s to the public) and Lincoln doesn’t have plans for a “High Performance” car either, so what’s left is the Mustang and I’m pretty sure Ford won’t go in that direction.

AFAIK the next thing for Ford right now is “High Performance Hybrids” followed closely by High Performance Battery Electric Vehicles (hence Mach1 Crossover).
Sponsored