Sponsored

Ford Confirms 2019 Shelby GT500 Mustang, Supercharged V8 Over 700HP [Teaser Video]

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
3-4 people get together (all who don't own GT350s but want a PP2) and that means "most"? You can say it might be a great value, dollar/dollar...maybe even a better "value" than the GT350 but saying it will outperform it is a stretch...outperform can mean so many things. Do you mean it will get better MPG?..yes, that's correct ;).
Just like Farruko said, they benchmarked the car with the GT350. It has all the potential to be faster than the GT350, especially considering PP1s run close lap times to it. Hell, it HAS to be faster than the GT350, otherwise it's a failure... the 1LE is faster than the GT350, so if ford can't even manage to make the car competing with the 1LE come anywhere NEAR it on a road course, then Ford failed in making the car the way they did. So you get to pick between 2 points of logic... "of course ford would make their new affordable performance variant faster than their old affordable performance variant", or "Nah, ford is cool with making a failure of a competitor, as long as GT350 is dabes in the world". take your pick
Sponsored

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
Isn't that what we were saying quite a while ago and you told us it would be calendar year 2019?

The 2019s will probably go just like the 2015 GT350, to executives and or their buddies and maybe a couple strangers. 100 hundred cars doesn't say 'we got them to our customers'.
Yes and yes. You will see a small run of GT500’s in 2019CY as a 2019MY, a couple of months later (2 or 3) the 2020MY should arrive.

Just like Farruko said, they benchmarked the car with the GT350. It has all the potential to be faster than the GT350, especially considering PP1s run close lap times to it. Hell, it HAS to be faster than the GT350, otherwise it's a failure... the 1LE is faster than the GT350, so if ford can't even manage to make the car competing with the 1LE come anywhere NEAR it on a road course, then Ford failed in making the car the way they did. So you get to pick between 2 points of logic... "of course ford would make their new affordable performance variant faster than their old affordable performance variant", or "Nah, ford is cool with making a failure of a competitor, as long as GT350 is dabes in the world". take your pick
What I did say is the other way around. They are benchmarking the new GT350 (2019) with the PP2. They are working on it to significantly outperform the PP2 (and therefore justify it’s price) since they already did a great work on that package.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The GT350 should be faster in a straight line due to having more power. I could see the PP2 with Cup2 tires pulling more cornering Gs than the GT350 does, though. Most of these arguments about how fast a car is on a road course seem worthless to me, as typically the driver is a much bigger factor than the difference between the cars.

I'm not worried.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
The GT350 should be faster in a straight line due to having more power. I could see the PP2 with Cup2 tires pulling more cornering Gs than the GT350 does, though. Most of these arguments about how fast a car is on a road course seem worthless to me, as typically the driver is a much bigger factor than the difference between the cars.

I'm not worried.
I'm not sure about that..... doesn't the PP2 have less aero drag than the GT350? also.... what about the gearing? since we already know that is not the same gearbox.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Yes and yes. You will see a small run of GT500’s in 2019CY as a 2019MY, a couple of months later (2 or 3) the 2020MY should arrive.
So... are they gonna overlap the two model years? and when are they gonna release the '19 GT350? At the same time than the GT500?

Sponsored

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
So... are they gonna overlap the two model years? and when are they gonna release the '19 GT350? At the same time than the GT500?
The GT350 should be available at the beginning of 2019CY and a couple of months later we will see the GT500 and no, they are not going to overlap 2019 and 2020, but 2019 will be a small run for those FP cars.

what about PP2 having limp mode????? :)
LOL:lol::thumbsup:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There's a reason she's not facing the camera. Turn her around and she looks like this.....

picture.jpg

:eyebulge:

I guess nothing that the paper bag from ACME can't fix :D

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Idk man, she's got a nice......

Yeahhhh, that's about as far as I could get

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
would like to see what they bring for a street drag pack. awesome...maybe ford won't wimp out...maybe.

he is a arrogant dude but.... their products speak for themselves.
ford is late, and will be late again :(
Sponsored