Sponsored

Ford Confirms 2019 Shelby GT500 Mustang, Supercharged V8 Over 700HP [Teaser Video]

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Source for info?

the Racing 5.2s switched to CPC because they held up better on the track. If it does stay, I’m hoping for CPC, and I might trade up.
Do you have a credible source for this info?
Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
the Racing 5.2s switched to CPC because they held up better on the track. If it does stay, I’m hoping for CPC, and I might trade up.
So... that means that the GT350 will be CPC now? (If it does stay like Farruko is saying)..... I don’t know Machsmith, wouldn’t you miss the FPC engine sound? Also.... what about HP? Does that mean a HP drop?

Maybe the “limited production” was only for the FPC, not for the GT350.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a credible source for this info?
This is true. The Mustang GT4 is CPC. The FPC 5.2 was very fast but a bit high strung for racing.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
I think he asking about a credible source for the CPC making it's way into to the production vehicle.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
what I said was IF is does stay for 19 i hope Its CPC, didn't say it would be.
I wouldn't think it would lose any HP, in fact maybe it would gain. as far as sound goes, I think it would still sound great.
I'd be interested in it, just for durrabilty sake and the long haul keeper. I still plan on keeping the FPC if it doesn't come. depends on how the look changes as well.

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
NA 5.2 CPC will be available on the GT with plenty of GT350 tech available.
Cant imagine eating cost of 5.0L and 5.2L redundant block production(thats another thread discussion).
If people continue to pay $40-$50k for a GT, there is reason for the GT to move up market w a 5.2L base GT.
This will likely happen when GT500 becomes Halo and/or GT350 sales drop off to where it hurts margins.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
what I said was IF is does stay for 19 i hope Its CPC, didn't say it would be.
I wouldn't think it would lose any HP, in fact maybe it would gain. as far as sound goes, I think it would still sound great.
I'd be interested in it, just for durrabilty sake and the long haul keeper. I still plan on keeping the FPC if it doesn't come. depends on how the look changes as well.
Like for like, it'd be very unlikely for a CPC to be more powerful than a FPC (that means same displacement, same CR, same fuel system). Even firing and better breathing of FPC makes a big difference. That said, I could see a 5.2 version of the new gen 3 coyote getting close (because of the added DI). What Ford should've done, IMO, is a 4.8 or 4.6L voodoo with PFI and DI. Rev to 8500+. The problem is the deck height and keeping that shared with the coyote. The low cost of the car has a lot to do with that decision.

Should be the same voodoo, though.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
A destroked 5.0 (to a 4.6) that revs to 8,500-9,000RPM and hybrid motors to help the low end torque would be badass! And would sound incredible from the exhaust.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Like for like, it'd be very unlikely for a CPC to be more powerful than a FPC (that means same displacement, same CR, same fuel system). Even firing and better breathing of FPC makes a big difference. That said, I could see a 5.2 version of the new gen 3 coyote getting close (because of the added DI). What Ford should've done, IMO, is a 4.8 or 4.6L voodoo with PFI and DI. Rev to 8500+. The problem is the deck height and keeping that shared with the coyote. The low cost of the car has a lot to do with that decision.

Should be the same voodoo, though.
Yes Sir, I'd expect a DI system.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Off topic, sorry!

NA 5.2 CPC will be available on the GT with plenty of GT350 tech available.

If people continue to pay $40-$50k for a GT, there is reason for the GT to move up market w a 5.2L base GT.
I could see a 5.2 version of the new gen 3 coyote getting close (because of the added DI).
Hmmm, chances of this happening for the '21MY/S650/S550.2 ??

A 500hp/440 lb/ft 5.2 CPC was what I wanted to see in a Mach 1. Making that a base GT engine would be pretty epic. Sure, that'd be a pricey GT, but then I'd expect an Ecoboost 6 (around 400hp) to fill the gap. Can I start a new '21MY thread? :D

Sponsored

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I dunno, I'd rather have the 5.0 badge than 30 more hp.
:cheers:

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
Got inside info from a guy at Romeo Plant.

The FPC continues for 2019MY and POSSIBLY 2020MY as well. I don’t know why there’s no VIN data regarding the FPC but that’s the information that I got.

If you guys think this is BS, feel free to contact your nearest friend at Romeo :shrug:

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
Agreed. The only good thing to come out of the announcement is we finally have confirmation the GT500 is coming.

With the Demon, the teaser videos lasted what, two weeks? Then BAMN! The car was revealed with all the specs.

We get one CGI video and a 12 month wait. I love Ford, but :frusty:
Three months of teaser videos, form January to April.

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
Got inside info from a guy at Romeo Plant.

The FPC continues for 2019MY and POSSIBLY 2020MY as well. I don’t know why there’s no VIN data regarding the FPC but that’s the information that I got.

If you guys think this is BS, feel free to contact your nearest friend at Romeo :shrug:
GT350 with manual trans only and GT500 with DCT only? Something for everybody?:shrug:

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
GT350 with manual trans only and GT500 with DCT only? Something for everybody?:shrug:
If what Farruko says is true, it would make sense....

A lightweight NA manual-only GT350/GT350R and a Powerful-Pig (but also nimble) FI DCT-only GT500/GT500R.

Something like the GT500/Boss302 duo again... but now with two FP Vehicles, not just one.
Sponsored