Sponsored

(FORD CAN’T DIAGNOSE) 2017 GT350 Rear End Pop (videos)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
They stated they could replicate it and do hear it, however after loosening and re-torqued every suspension bolt including axle nuts. No dice.
This caught my attention. Being a little pedantic here but since they can't diagnose a noise it might be justified. There are many bolts and ESPECIALLY the axle nuts absolutely must be replaced if they are removed. They can't be loosened and retorqued.

So if the dealer actually did what they said - they did it wrong and you should probably either have them or some other (competent) dealer fix it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Caseindaplace

Caseindaplace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
This caught my attention. Being a little pedantic here but since they can't diagnose a noise it might be justified. There are many bolts and ESPECIALLY the axle nuts absolutely must be replaced if they are removed. They can't be loosened and retorqued.

So if the dealer actually did what they said - they did it wrong and you should probably either have them or some other (competent) dealer fix it.

My same thoughts but I did check with them, they never touched the axle nuts. It was always on a lift that the car drives on, not a 4 arm lift where the wheels were able to be take off. So I believe them on that. The axle nuts are untouched and look that way as well when I was checking their looseness or tightness assuming they came loose as others have had problems with.

OP
OP
Caseindaplace

Caseindaplace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Rear differential slack.

Would this be too much slack and under load at certain times would cause my popping issue?

Seanay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A PP2
your links appear to be broken, I would like to hear it before i tell you if its the same thing, most likely it is, i had to deal with it coming from the PS rear about 30k miles in.

Seanay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A PP2
Your youtube links appear to be broken, video not available is the message. Can you post your youtube page link as text so i can copy and past to listen to what you have. I might be able to help with my own experience
Sponsored