Sponsored

Ford Axing all cars except Mustang and Focus Active Crossover in North America

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Since Ford is keeping the Mustang as one of two cars it should warrant a completely dedicated platform now.
I like your thinking but not enough profit for Hackett and the stock market.
Sponsored

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Ford just unveiled the new Focus hatchbacks like 2 weeks ago, with the Focus ST and RS rumored to be coming soon. So I'm guessing this next Focus gen will be the last? (not counting the Focus Active crossver)

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The wife had one for a few days as a loaner and she liked it except for the fuel economy. She said her Escape (2.0/AWD) got better gas mileage!
This is a good reason to keep the CAFE standards. The head long rush all auto makers are in making SUV's there's no way they will be able to meet the standard unless they spend some money for new technology. And there not going the be able to do that cutting all the engineering jobs to make them look better on the stock market.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I like to keep my junk in the trunk. And I like a separate trunk. If I wanted a truck ride, I'd buy a truck. Cuv/suv conjure up images of soccer mom's.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Ford just unveiled the new Focus hatchbacks like 2 weeks ago, with the Focus ST and RS rumored to be coming soon. So I'm guessing this next Focus gen will be the last? (not counting the Focus Active crossver)
I'm pretty sure the Focus ST and RS will be only for overseas markets for this new gen. The fact that Ford announced a Focus Active for America and left out all other Focus variants means I'm pretty sure the Active is the only one we'll get. Now watch all ST and RS used values hold strong and ADMs spike for the last new Focus RS that are left.

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
The Camry is down from the highs it once had, but it's still a huge number of cars. If the Fusion sold as much as the Camry, Ford would have done a next-gen Fusion for America.
Only because Toyota is discounting the hell out of them. Right or wrong the whole car segment has been in a decline for a while. As MPG gets better in CUVs (which are nothing more than wagons) people go for the "more room" of the CUV.

The wife has a 16 Escape. It drives like the Focus it's based on and drives really well. I spent a week in an 18 and while it was down on power (1.5), it got 26 MPG and drive really well. I still prefer the sedan but would have no issues in a modern CUV, especially if the performance is there.

Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
No more Ford Performance variants of Fiesta and Focus? Let's call for the firing of Jim Hackett.

Fire Jim Hackett!

Jim, you are the most hated man now in US.

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
I'm pretty sure the Focus ST and RS will be only for overseas markets for this new gen. The fact that Ford announced a Focus Active for America and left out all other Focus variants means I'm pretty sure the Active is the only one we'll get. Now watch all ST and RS used values hold strong and ADMs spike for the last new Focus RS that are left.
giphy.gif

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
It's like watching one of those time travel movies where you keep going back to try to fix things but you find yourself powerless to keep people from making the same stupid mistakes over and over.

Bottom line, if someone else can make cars profitably and Ford can't then they're toast eventually anyway. You can't keep running from segments because you can't make a buck there.

And it doesn't take fuel prices to bring this little truck party to a crashing conclusion. Fashion can turn on a dime and this year's ultra-popular CUV could become next year's soccer-mom minivan.

Pretty sad because we were happy to "come home" to Ford. Me to the Mustang and my wife to a new Focus ST. No way she'll settle for the mom-van version when it comes time to re-up. Ironically she fled there from Mazda because their car lineup has strayed too far from the "zoom zoom" nature that attracted us away from Ford in the first place.

As for me, maybe I'll swap out my Ecoboost Mustang for the "Last of the V8s" memorial edition Mustang just before they toss that in the heap as well.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
This doesn't even seem real. They just pushed off the Mustang redesign as well.

They are going to have 2 cars and one is on a 10 y/o chassis?

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This doesn't even seem real. They just pushed off the Mustang redesign as well.

They are going to have 2 cars and one is on a 10 y/o chassis?

Looks like the S550 chassis will have as long a life as the Fox body. That is so limiting its sad.
Sponsored