Sponsored

Ford Authority website says Mach 1's heading to dealers this week.

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
also says handling packs not on the first orders because of temps
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Uh.....link?

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I just reamed the author Foote. He's sensasonaist to say the least. As with others on the board that already have serial #'s, we've been told late March to early April delivery. Dealers are not allowed to place orders for inventory. Sold orders only.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I just reamed the author Foote. He's sensasonaist to say the least. As with others on the board that already have serial #'s, we've been told late March to early April delivery. Dealers are not allowed to place orders for inventory. Sold orders only.
There are an awful lot of Mach 1s listed for sale on cars.com that look like stock orders, probably made many months ago? Of course as of yesterday, there were zero pictures and only about half had window stickers posted.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
There are an awful lot of Mach 1s listed for sale on cars.com that look like stock orders, probably made many months ago? Of course as of yesterday, there were zero pictures and only about half had window stickers posted.
I bet they are orders from back in October when the order bank first opened up that dealers got in early or they are retail orders that automatically show up even though they are spoken for. In 2017 I ordered a trd pro 4runner that showed up on my dealers website when it was in transit despite me already having a deposit down for months.

Last edited:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Same thing is happening with the C8. Vehicles are showing up on cars.com that are in actuality all sold orders. They are not for dealer stock.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Do you know if the chassis number is related to the vin number in that if I have a vin now I could determine the chassis number in advance?
I don't believe so. I think these chassis plates are just installed on whatever Mach 1 is next on the line, so the VIN and chassis number won't correspond.

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
So it is Ford's practice to build the first XXXX many of new model builds as stock units before they get the "okay to buy" What okay to buy means is that orders will then begin shipping to dealerships that were built for stock, but also that they are ready to start building retail orders for customers. It is there way of checking build quality, fit/finish etc.

So when new 2021 F-150 was released we got stock orders built before retail orders. So that is what is happening with these Mach 1s as well. For those of you who want to see one in person. I show that this Mach 1 is the first on the ground in Rochester New York.

https://www.fordrochester.com/new/F...20a0e0a1734e2573b592fdd23.htm?searchDepth=2:6

P.C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Mach 1 Chassis M2290
Lots of inconsistencies in the photos of car from this link. Doesn’t appear to be same car in all the pics; different wheels and spoilers.

P.C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Mach 1 Chassis M2290
Edit, looks like some are just computer generated and they don’t match.

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Lots of inconsistencies in the photos of car from this link. Doesn’t appear to be same car in all the pics; different wheels and spoilers.
Yes, that is just a computer generated photo. I only know it is on the lot because I can see in Ford's system that the vehicle is no longer in inventory, but on the dealerships lot.
Sponsored