Ford app, and Mustang deep sleep, time out .

ICU812

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
The other day, I got a message from the app, when I at work tried to see the miles to empty.
That the car went into deep sleep to conserve battery , because I have not started it in awhile, (it was 3 days).
So the app, remote functions and telling me where it is (address) was not going to function till I manually at the car with remote unlock, lock or start car.
This is all fine and dandy, till you go on a vacation and want to check on your vehicle, and the app ,won't give you a location.
Is there a way to extend the time/hours before this happens.
I put a volt meter on the battery and it was still fully charged and did a load test, the battery is fine, It just seems ford added a timer to these app functions to keep from draining the battery if the car sits for weeks, but 3 days is a little short.
Advertisement

ice445

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I never got that notification until my car sat for about 2 weeks last winter.

OP
OP
ICU812

ICU812

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.

ice445

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I tend to not use the remote to lock the car, I use the button on the door, Could not chirping the horn hitting the remote lock button twice doing it?
Nope, doesn't matter how the car is locked.

Stangomydreams

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Mine is closer to 2 weeks before deep sleep alert in app (always over 1). I always use remote and get horn to chirp.

ihc95

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
mine goes into deep sleep after 2 weeks as well

Zooks527

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Mine will go into deep sleep after somewhere between one and two weeks. However, if I leave my dashcam in "Parking" mode (where the image sensor and 30 seconds of video memory remain active in case it feels an impact), it will flip to deep sleep after 1 to 2 days.

Hidalgo

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
The other day, I got a message from the app, when I at work tried to see the miles to empty.
That the car went into deep sleep to conserve battery , because I have not started it in awhile, (it was 3 days).
So the app, remote functions and telling me where it is (address) was not going to function till I manually at the car with remote unlock, lock or start car.
This is all fine and dandy, till you go on a vacation and want to check on your vehicle, and the app ,won't give you a location.
Is there a way to extend the time/hours before this happens.
I put a volt meter on the battery and it was still fully charged and did a load test, the battery is fine, It just seems ford added a timer to these app functions to keep from draining the battery if the car sits for weeks, but 3 days is a little short.
WHICH APP ARE YOU USING?

PHX ATC

Reaction score
First Name
Toby
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT & 2020 Explorer ST & 2022 Porsche 911
2 weeks for me.

Get a battery tender (not charger) and put the pony car on it. $100ish, tops.

OR go start it within that 2 week period.

Advertisement

51 - American Racing Headers - 1
Advertisement