Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
looks to be an effort to stabilize the market and bring transaction prices closer to MSRP.
I've never seen ford attempt to do anything to stabilize prices or do anything about the ADM madness.
Sponsored

dz85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 pp1 GT
So you work for C&R Racing? And your contract didn't specify terms for additional model years (but must have a mechanism for build number variation)?
Yes, I work for C&R. We had a contract to build parts for around 12k cars. We are supposed to be done building parts in June 2021. Our Ford quality rep is coming for an audit tomorrow so maybe he will have some info to share about extending the production. They have hinted that they might take parts through the end of 2021 but there is no confirmation.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I've never seen ford attempt to do anything to stabilize prices or do anything about the ADM madness.
I’ve also never seen Ford confirm a Ford Performance Vehicle other than the GT more than one year at a time before.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I’ve also never seen Ford confirm a Ford Performance Vehicle other than the GT more than one year at a time before.
Be fair, we all knew this was going to be a run until the s650. Look at what they did with the GT350.... that was speculated to be a 3 year run, and then 4 year, and then 5 year, and then wound up being 6 years. I say this is due to the 500 being delayed, and why not? The 350 was doing so well that you would have to ask why kill production on a car that is still selling?

Bottom line, I'm not surprised. I think you will see a few enhancements in the next coming years. The question from me is how many units per year and what will the model variations consist of?

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
likeaboss said:
They may as well call it like it is and be up front about it as everyone knows the S650 will be here soon enough. Get it out there and work it to your advantage. The hit is coming as the last year of a given chassis nosedives in sales just before the next wave takes over. That's why I'm wondering if we may see something a bit "harrier" from Ford as we ease into the 2022 MY GT500. There has to be more and I sense people would gobble it up at an even more ridiculous price than a loaded CFTP car.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
There has to be more and I sense people would gobble it up at an even more ridiculous price than a loaded CFTP car
and yet Hellcat Redeye Widebody are discounted 10 grand (80->70). I'm sure Dodge wishes it had a supply of whatever juice Ford is putting in the drinking water of the faithful...

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
and yet Hellcat Redeye Widebody are discounted 10 grand (80->70). I'm sure Dodge wishes it had a supply of whatever juice Ford is putting in the drinking water of the faithful...
As much as I like the Hellcat Redeye as a traditional beast muscle car(and wouldn’t mind having one), the GT 500 is on a different level as far as a total package. There is no special juice, the 500 is head and shoulders better.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
The 2015 Hellcats were stupid ADM's. People and dealers were operating under the assumption that this extraordinarily high HP car was going to be low production car. Then Dodge banged out 16K Hellcats in 2016... Some think Dodge and dealers grossly overestimated demand based on the unfilled 2015 orders. But when you bang out 16k units, your ADM won't hold. Mid to late 2016 is when the deep discounts started. Model years following saw a significant cutback in production units but the addition of more model choices each with different options available. What a strange world it is when the "base" 717 hp Hellcat can be had in the $50k range and is lower tier car now. A narrow body 797 hp Redeye can be easily had in the $60k range.

Ford will not follow Dodge Hellcat with respect to the gross over production of the GT500. I don't see a GT500 going for under MSRP anytime soon but there will always be a lucky deal here and there.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
The 2015 Hellcats were stupid ADM's. People and dealers were operating under the assumption that this extraordinarily high HP car was going to be low production car. Then Dodge banged out 16K Hellcats in 2016... Some think Dodge and dealers grossly overestimated demand based on the unfilled 2015 orders. But when you bang out 16k units, your ADM won't hold. Mid to late 2016 is when the deep discounts started. Model years following saw a significant cutback in production units but the addition of more model choices each with different options available. What a strange world it is when the "base" 717 hp Hellcat can be had in the $50k range and is lower tier car now. A narrow body 797 hp Redeye can be easily had in the $60k range.

Ford will not follow Dodge Hellcat with respect to the gross over production of the GT500. I don't see a GT500 going for under MSRP anytime soon but there will always be a lucky deal here and there.
NAILED IT TO A TEE!!!!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm not surprised at all that it will be a 3-year run, since Ford is going to want to milk everything they can out of their GT500 development investment. I had guessed that this would be the case.

Since the last of a breed is generally the best due to minor enhancements over the run, my plan is to wait for a '22 and order just after the holidays next year, assuming I can find an MSRP deal. However, at the moment I'm undecided if I want another S550 or not given the issues some are having....

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Lol Ford. GT500 owner shows up at track day and gets walked by well driven TT S550.
Strange that building a cheap chassis might make more sense for running grassroots than picking up a GT500.

There should be a no hassle order option for those that have run 20+ track days and/or instruct on track in a Ford?

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
Will the Gt500 and mach 1 continue into the S650? Is it worth picking one up when a new platform is coming? Or is the 650 going to be mainly aesthetics?

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I would imagine the S650 will be startover for the performance models. I doubt we see a GT500 for a while or at all after next generation.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I would imagine the S650 will be startover for the performance models. I doubt we see a GT500 for a while or at all after next generation.
One would hope Ford would have gotten a clue pounded into their thick skull to this time offer a PP2 car that includes track-use coolers and aero. You don't need an 'apology tour' car (Mach 1) when you don't screw it up from the beginning. I could totally see them calling it the 'Boss' package though. Anything to tickle the salivary response of the Mustang faithful.

Last edited:

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Predicting the ICE Age future is like just that predicting ICE Age LOL. The technology that has progressed into cars is very impressive and what used to take 10 years to accomplish now happens in 2-3 years. The next go round of the GT500 could be so many things which how anyone here could honesty evaluate accurately I can't see it. I am sure the incredible power, speed, technology will continue to move forward and price as well. Exciting times for all us Motörhead's and guess the future wont be Motörhead's but Speed Enthusiasts.
Sponsored