Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
So it looks like a 3 year run for the GT500 this time around.

Of note regarding product changes for 2021 - Carbon Fiber Handling Package and the regular Handling Package will both come with adjustable strut top mounts. Looks like somebody was listening to the common sense screams from the peanut gallery. Thanks for the heads up Bryan!

89234.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
With any luck the production volume stays low and by reading the qualifications you just have to scratch your head. If your a dealer and the Covid has impacted your sales and deliveries man do you even qualify. I am a Hellcat owner and I can’t stand how Dodge builds as many as anyone wants. This one reason I spent the money on my GT500 since they are not a mass produced car and or no limit on production.

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
I’m guessing they’ll make ~5000 per year, if they follow historical precedent. I think the only rate-limiting step is the supply of hand-built engines. It’s a fantastic car, so demand will only be limited by the price, which Ford (or the dealer’s) can change on the fly. Let’s see what 2021 pricing looks like.

What will be interesting to me is if they tweak the power rating upward. I’d say that’s possible but not probable, unless the upcoming mid-engine specialty (e.g. Z06) Corvettes become too potent.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
what I want to know is if Ford is going to abandon the painted on stripes fiasco. Its something that caused more problems in the production and I seriously doubt it was worth it (looking back on it).

That aspect alone caused my car to be in the body shop which interrupted my post purchase projects.

On another note, what about the carbon fiber track pack? Now Ford is talking carbon fiber handling pack with painted CF wheels?

I'm looking forward to more information.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
On another note, what about the carbon fiber track pack? Now Ford is talking carbon fiber handling pack with painted CF wheels?

I'm looking forward to more information.
It seems they are going to paint the CF wheels to get them out the door. This way they do not have to worry so much how the CF comes out. Apparently they had a decent amount of quality (visual) issues with the exposed CF. I wonder if they will paint the spoiler too?

I’m also curious about the POTT stripes.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It seems they are going to paint the CF wheels to get them out the door. This way they do not have to worry so much how the CF comes out. Apparently they had a decent amount of quality (visual) issues with the exposed CF. I wonder if they will paint the spoiler too?

I’m also curious about the POTT stripes.
That was a cluster F that I regret ever getting involved with.

I absolutely agree, the CF is so much easier to work with when you are not worried about cosmetic flaws.

dz85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 pp1 GT
I build the oil cooler and trans cooler for the GT500's. We have not got any news from Ford about extending the program yet. It looks like they are seeing how much interest there is in it before they make a decision.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
I build the oil cooler and trans cooler for the GT500's. We have not got any news from Ford about extending the program yet. It looks like they are seeing how much interest there is in it before they make a decision.
The GT500 program?

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
With any luck the production volume stays low and by reading the qualifications you just have to scratch your head. If your a dealer and the Covid has impacted your sales and deliveries man do you even qualify. I am a Hellcat owner and I can’t stand how Dodge builds as many as anyone wants. This one reason I spent the money on my GT500 since they are not a mass produced car and or no limit on production.
The production thing is a give and take. Dodge increasing production in 2016 was a reason many of the dealers had to stop the adm practices so soon. 2015 was crazy if you wanted a Hellcat. I have a 500 now and do desire to see production stay controlled, but it sucks when you're on the hunt for these bad boys. 5k a year sounds like a decent number though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
So you work for C&R Racing? And your contract didn't specify terms for additional model years (but must have a mechanism for build number variation)?

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Not "programming"
The GT500 Program itself. ( im speaking on behalf of someone else but interpretation of their statement.

If you runnin these circles. You refer to something such as the gt500s overall situation as
"A program".

Example's
"I worked in several race programs in my career."
Or
"That Toyota program when Gurney ran it was crazy... Unlike any other race program Ive ever been in"

He us referring to the actual production of the car itself by FOMOCO AS A "PROGRAM".
He builds parts for the GT500 "program". & has yet to hear about future purchase orders of his parts he made for the 2020 "Program".

DZ85, forgive me if i am also misinterpreting your statement.

Your verbage is what we would use in the racing industry in regards to
any ...
well...
"program"
lmao

DZ85...any concerns you have to re-bid it?
or were excluded from the opportunity to bit the contract for 2021+?

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
@IceAge ................ Please check your tour pak mounts. Everytime I have another "Mexican Flag", it shakes more. :wink:
Sponsored