Sponsored

Ford announces Google partnership as its preferred Cloud provider beginning 2023

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Think what you like. Makes no difference what the product thinks.
Oh, I know. I'm invested in Apple because sheeple continue to buy their overpriced junk and those people make me a lot of money long term. I don't see that slowing down anytime soon. Please keep buying Apple stuff!
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Oh, I know. I'm invested in Apple because sheeple continue to buy their overpriced junk and those people make me a lot of money long term. I don't see that slowing down anytime soon. Please keep buying Apple stuff!
Who are you calling a sheeple? :explode::curse:

I just recently purchased two iPhone 12’s, and an 8th Gen iPad. Will be looking at the new “M1” chip Mac mini to replace my 2011 iMac and buying the new Apple TV when it is released.

Damn, guess you’re talking about me. :crackup::cwl:

1613226177842.png

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

I just recently purchased two iPhone 12’s, and an 8th Gen iPad. Will be looking at the new “M1” chip Mac mini to replace my 2011 iMac and buying the new Apple TV when it is released.

1613226177842.png
I work in technology and when I see people who don't use a Mac for what they are intended for then ask for help on how to use them, I want to just toss it in the garbage. Buying a Mac because your friend Susie said they are the best is not a good reason to pay $2k+ to check your email and browse Facebook let alone learn how to use Mac OS. Hell, they charge $1,000 for a freaking monitor stand... Let that one sink in for a bit.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Siri says......

1613186410713.gif

:cwl: :crackup: :cwl: :crackup: :like:
Sadly, I cannot post to the forum what I think of the AI used by both Apple and Google. I continue to question both the political and gender bias of both .................... Simply one man's 1st amendment opinion.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Exactly ! Heavily invested in Apple, just as with Facebook. I simply refuse to use eithers products.

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP

My iPhone is the only Apple product I own and I didn't pay any more for it than a comparable Android phone. It's just a matter of not rushing out and buying the latest and greatest, which I don't care about anyway.

Laptops, desktops, etc, there are better options.

AppleTV, I couldn't abide the remote.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
AppleTV, I couldn't abide the remote.
Totally agree. I get it right side up maybe 10% of the time. The new version coming sometime this year is supposed to have a new design. I can only hope.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Having tried both long ago, I simply prefer open source. Wish there was a smart phone that could run Linux. :clap:

Reactions: nrc

TomOz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Ruby Red, 5.0 / 10 speed
Having tried both long ago, I simply prefer open source. Wish there was a smart phone that could run Linux. :clap:
Oh indeed there is.
I ordered a Purism Librem 5 (around 3 years ago) and it should be here in a few months.
It a phone that focusses on security and privacy. The software and firmware is all FOSS. I can't wait!
https://puri.sm/products/librem-5/

I'm currently playing with a Pinephone, but it's not ready for general use yet
https://www.pine64.org/

The annoying thing is that generally lots of government bodies required you to have an Apple/Google phone to run their app to verify your identity.
That's just wrong on so many levels. Phones are walking data leaks.....

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
When it comes to data leaks, my ex wife beats all .................... :crackup:
Sponsored