Sponsored

Forced induction and a manual? Step inside...

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Curious how the manuals are holding up. I plan on FI+E85 and once the clutch goes I'll get an RXT. Curious what else I might need. I heard the steel flywheels are easier for DD's than the aluminum. As for the transmission internals, anyone blow one up yet? My buddy Frank on here did and had to the Magnum XL. I know my 3.73's will be interesting, but I am not too worried about them since my commute is 100% city and I can just start in second and I am not looking to do anything crazy on the street anyway. I don't launch the car, either.
Sponsored

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I heard the rst clutch is also better for the mt82s over the rxt. Of course I learned this after I bought my rxt.

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
With forced induction and the mt82 it's just a matter of time before you start having issues. I'm already looking at other options just to be prepared.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Had mine almost two months now. I went through the entire drive train before I went FI. Running a centrifugal and so far so good. I will hit the track one time this summer probably. For now a lot of weekly racing in Mexico. DR's hook up decent if i get them really hot. The 3:73's are fun but unless you do a good burnout they are worthless in 1st and 2nd gear.

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
Sub'd, as Im going the FI route in August.

If we dont do 5k clutch drops on the stock guts, Im assuming that it should last a while with ONLY 600hp to the rear wheels, since thats what I would expect with the Procharger HO hit I plan on installing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
daltron

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I heard the rst clutch is also better for the mt82s over the rxt. Of course I learned this after I bought my rxt.
In terms of DD'ing as in engaging from a stop or something else?

With forced induction and the mt82 it's just a matter of time before you start having issues. I'm already looking at other options just to be prepared.
:/ Not what I wanted to hear but it's always been a pay to play game.

Had mine almost two months now. I went through the entire drive train before I went FI. Running a centrifugal and so far so good. I will hit the track one time this summer probably. For now a lot of weekly racing in Mexico. DR's hook up decent if i get them really hot. The 3:73's are fun but unless you do a good burnout they are worthless in 1st and 2nd gear.
What did you do to your drivetrain?

Foxracing19931

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
I'm at 11k whippled miles and 22k on the car and I'm on stock clutch and transmission is so far so good I have a rxt on back up I go to the drag strip every once in a while but I don't do hard clutch drops haha

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
The mt82 is def the weak point. But in the spirit of working around it... good half shafts, and an aluminum or CF driveshaft, and put good oil in everywhere in the driveline.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
What did you do to your drivetrain?
Superman15 said:
The mt82 is def the weak point. But in the spirit of working around it... good half shafts, and an aluminum or CF driveshaft, and put good oil in everywhere in the driveline.
This ^^^^^^
Put in the McLeod RXT and flywheel, MGW shifter so I don't miss shifts, DSS 1/2 shafts, Dynotech aluminum one piece driveshaft, vertical links and subframe connectors - no wheel hop, Amsoil synchromesh in trans and Amsoil severe gear in the the rear.

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
I working with Ben Calimer on a bolt in 6060 trans conversion. I begin it tonight actually and over the next couple of weeks/months will be building my motor/trans.

If you want to follow here's my build thread: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38416

For what its worth I'm at 700rwhp right now and last night had about 10 mid to low 11 second passes at the strip. I'm also in a vert, so have a little weight working against me and was having some traction issues. Trans is working flawlessly. Once I get the car to hook it will be in the 10's as it sits now.

Sponsored

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Ben Calimer is actually the one that told me in a thread on Facebook he prefers the rst to the rxt. He said the rxt has too much bite and that's what causes a lot of the mt82 failures.

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
^^^^with that being said I haven't had a issue with mine up to this point. 15k miles.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
There's plenty of people with a stick and even a Whipple not dropping Chinese transmission parts on the ground after every heavy pull. If it breaks, get the GT350 transmission. Like $4K (ouch, but not that ouch) and it bolts in there boom bang bing. That's if it breaks. Betcha it won't. Clutch maybe, but not the tranny.

OP
OP
daltron

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Ben Calimer is actually the one that told me in a thread on Facebook he prefers the rst to the rxt. He said the rxt has too much bite and that's what causes a lot of the mt82 failures.
Interesting, thanks man.