Sponsored

For you car wash freaks...

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
With how popular the EGO blower thread was, I thought I'd share this.

I don't know about you, but washing my car is like therapy. But I've always hated pulling out the hose, my HOA complaining about the unsightly hose on the side of the house, wrapping it back up, storage when below freezing, screwing on the hose to the bib, screwing on and switching attachments, etc.

Several years ago I bought this retractable hose reel from Gardena. It changed my life. No more unsightly mess of hose, it has pressure nozzles like your air tools would (have on on my hose bib, my multiple spray nozzles, my foam gun, and my brush hero attachment for my wheels), I can easily remove it when it gets below freezing. It even has a corner roller guide if you hose bib is around a corner of your house.

Only downfall is $400 price tag...but it was worth every penny. They do make a cheaper mechanical spring loaded version. My fear on this one was durability. I've owned it for over 5-yrs and the battery is as good as day one.
IMG_0135.JPG
Sponsored

sese

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
That is awesome! I did not even know that such a thing existed.

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Looks pretty good, but there is no way I could get myself to pay that much for a hose reel.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Looks pretty good, but there is no way I could get myself to pay that much for a hose reel.
I wouldn't mind the $400 up front. But I don't want to pay the security guard needed to keep it mine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Darth Cobra

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
I thought the same thing, struggled with making the purchase. But the headaches and aggravation saved, the clean look on the side of my house, the ease to switch between all my cleaning attachments...with how much I wash my car, it has paid for itself in spades...

OP
OP
Darth Cobra

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
I wouldn't mind the $400 up front. But I don't want to pay the security guard needed to keep it mine.
Granted if someone really want it, yes they could get it. The main base attaches with four anchors...would be extremely difficult to remove. You could also glue it yourself make it permanent.

The hose real itself slides over a vertical tenon. It is locked into place with a torx screw...again if they had the right tool a thief could take it. I've owned it for six years and no issues.

Watch, when I get home from vacation, it will be missing...lol

OP
OP
Darth Cobra

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
Found this one doing a quick google search on retractable hose reels, its spring loaded instead of battery powered and quite a bit less $$....

http://www.frontgate.com/vector-retractable-hose-reel/772441
Yeah I researched this one too. From the reviews not on Frontgate's site it was a knock off of Gardena's and susceptible to binding. Plus at the time I could not find a US supplier of this model.

The mechanical spring loaded version from Gardena got better reviews and the range from the low $100s to $$229 on Amazon. But you'd still read an occasional review of it locking up.

I went out on a limb as the battery version was relatively new. I love it...

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Yeah I researched this one too. From the reviews not on Frontgate's site it was a knock off of Gardena's and susceptible to binding. Plus at the time I could not find a US supplier of this model.

The mechanical spring loaded version from Gardena got better reviews and the range from the low $100s to $$229 on Amazon. But you'd still read an occasional review of it locking up.

I went out on a limb as the battery version was relatively new. I love it...
From reading the reviews on that site, it looks like this one is an updated version from an older one. This one has an adjustable tension spring compared to the older version.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
if they had the right tool a thief could take it. I've owned it for six years and no issues.

Watch, when I get home from vacation, it will be missing...lol
What's your address? You know, in case I'm in the neighborhood and want to see one. ;)

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
ERMAGERDDDD.

I love this haha how do you find the pressure nozzles? Would you say they compare to a conventional gas-powered pressure washer or even maybe an electric pressure washer??

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Interesting, but for that money you can get a CR Spotless, no need to dry car as water is pure and leaves no spots, a necessity for me, all my cars are black, and Florida summer sun dries the water within seconds.

OP
OP
Darth Cobra

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
From reading the reviews on that site, it looks like this one is an updated version from an older one. This one has an adjustable tension spring compared to the older version.
Yeah, I'm going back several years. If you can get one stateside now, might be worth a shot.
Sponsored