Sponsored

For those with exhaust switch, worth it vs thru steering wheel?

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Just curious, as the 2017s are now coming, Is it worth the $3k for the stereo, Nav, and exhaust switch? I've heard it gets old switching thru the menus to change it. just want first hand opinions thanks!
Sponsored

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
All you have do to is put the car in sport mode. 2 clicks on the steering wheel. Pretty simple

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yeah its really not an issue. Definitely not worth spending 3k. I just drive in sport mode 98% of the time. I suppose for a really long trip I might put the shocks in normal mode

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
The switch is nice if you don't want to change the shocks or steering by going into sport mode or track mode, otherwise it's a similar effort to switch on the steering wheel.
If you're going to use the car as a daily driver, you may like the electronics options. My tech pack gives me the option to turn on any combination of shocks, steering or exhaust modes.

OP
OP
btown93

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
The switch is nice if you don't want to change the shocks or steering by going into sport mode or track mode, otherwise it's a similar effort to switch on the steering wheel.
If you're going to use the car as a daily driver, you may like the electronics options.
well, I think I'm leaning towards skipping it. In my Boss I rarely use the stereo, and usually drive with the windows down and the exhaust is my radio. However, I have read some complaints about having to use the steering wheel controls to open the exhaust. For me, I feel like its 3k for a switch and I don't think its worth it, just wanted to get more opinions. Thanks!

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Whenever I drive my car on the road (not track)... after start-up, I immediately change to Sport mode in the steering wheel control which opens up the exhaust and then I change the Damper mode (again on the steering wheel) to Normal for less firmness.

By doing that I am basically in Sport mode for all parameters except shock damping since I overrode that lone feature. If I had the Exhaust Toggle switch, I probably won't even need to use it often anyway since the routine I described above is what I typically do. I just stay in Sport mode and go to/from Damping modes when needed.

bobmclean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Exhaust Switch

For some reason I use the toggle switch instead of the steering wheel? I too drive in Sport unless my wife and I are going out.

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
I always keep it in Sport mode.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
well, I think I'm leaning towards skipping it. In my Boss I rarely use the stereo, and usually drive with the windows down and the exhaust is my radio. However, I have read some complaints about having to use the steering wheel controls to open the exhaust. For me, I feel like its 3k for a switch and I don't think its worth it, just wanted to get more opinions. Thanks!
More a small quirk than a real issue. Plus the car is so good, some folks have to dig to find something to complain about ;)

I think some are talking about going deep into the menus to switch just the exhaust. If you do as myself and others have described it takes 2 seconds. It just doesn't work in reverse

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Back in the day guys had to get out of their cars to remove the exhaust block off plates.

Moving your finger a couple more times must be a real strain.

Sponsored

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
i personally like the toggle switch and am glad that it is there. makes for easy " good neighbor mode" when you need it.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I didn't get the tech pack for the stereo or the nav. I got it mainly for the heated and cooled seats. I hardly use the radio but I do find myself using the nav, which is mostly for traffic alerts and to find a longer way to work ;).

I spend about 95% of the time in SPORT and I DO use the "good neighbor" toggle switch when I drive up my driveway late at night. It's also rather handy when cops pull behind me at stop lights.

dean_acheson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302, 2019 Bullitt
Back in the day guys had to get out of their cars to remove the exhaust block off plates.

Moving your finger a couple more times must be a real strain.
Been doing that for years now with the Boss. I'm looking forward to having a toggle switch and factory nav on what will be my daily driver. No, I didn't want to install the QTP cutouts on the current car. I did install a more modern stereo.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
If I were buying a 2017 I'd get the electronics package just so I'd have all the fancy interior options. Even though I don't listen to the radio or need the nav system, and even though I use the steering wheel controls to put the car in sport mode all the time anyway.

Just seems like if I'm getting such a nice car, I should go all the way with it.

With that said, given the 2016 option configurations, the track package was the right choice for me, and I definitely don't need any of the features that come with the electronics pack.

-T
Sponsored