For those who like them big!

Jackismydog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Convertible
Just bought a SVE SP2 wheel kit. 19/10 front and 19/11 rear. I've read many post but my mind ins't clear about those questions:

1- Would it be possible to run 285/35/19 and 325/30/19 Firestone without poking ? Will I need to get the camber modified or not. Can an alignment garage do this camber adjusment? or should I go 305/35/19 for the rear? I think and read that there will be a 4% rake with the 305/35.

2- To prevent paint damage. Would it be better do add PFF on the lower sides of the car or adding mud flaps?

3- If you choose the pff , would you go with Anchor Room or your local pff installer ?

3- LMR send a black nuts with the kit but I do not see any lock nut. Should I get a lock nut kit and is it possible to get in black?

Thanks for your help to assist a very very enthousiast member for this wonderful forum. ( hope winter will bbe shorter this year !!! )
Sponsored

Last edited:

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
The wheels you can go with both that's your call. The offset is gonna determine how far your rims poke and the camber will potentially get it back. But if your offset is to much the camber correction will have your wheels laying down just to get them under the fender, and I dont know to many shops that will sacrifice alot of negative camber and warranty their work. As far as protection mud guards will do as far as water and pebbles. The PFF is added protection and if you can get it then do it.

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Oh lock lugs also added protection, just dont lose the key..lol "done that before"

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Check out Tire Size Calculator, with 285/35/19 and 325/30/19 it looks like your front tire would be a little bit taller than the rear. Personally I'd stick with 30 or 35s for both front and rear... not to mention 325/30 is ginormous, almost two inches wider than your wheel.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
If you do ppf the area that takes the most rock chips is actually where the body flares out in front of the rear wheels. I originally did ppf and didn’t do that area and later realized I would have to do a big film there to cover that and went with mudflaps. Big improvement over the ppf.
Sponsored