For Those who have an A10 GT.....2018-2021

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
But how will you connect on a deep and personal level to your driving experience?!
You can wear driving goggles and a scarf. You can also use your free hand to load and play old LP records instead of CD's/MP3's while you drive. I understand the LP sound provides a more intimate experience. Imagine vette owners--green with envy--because they have no back seat space for a turntable.
Sponsored

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Let me re-iterate my post. There are no issues with the 10R80, the only complain I hear and experience is some odd noises and not always smooth shifting. But the trans itself is solid and as mentioned super quick.
I sometimes hear hear odd noises until the transmission hits 120 degrees other than that I love it.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
I do this to get my Zen going.......
LOL...that reminded of this for the ricer boys. Sorry for the off-topic. Sounds like a Five Speed.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
But how will you connect on a deep and personal level to your driving experience?!
If you want a driving experience, get a Morgan 3 wheeler or Arial. That's a real driving experience. It's a blast, too! Except for getting in an out of when you are 77 and fat. But, I guess that's part of the "experience".

Sponsored

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
If you want a driving experience, get a Morgan 3 wheeler or Arial. That's a real driving experience. It's a blast, too! Except for getting in an out of when you are 77 and fat. But, I guess that's part of the "experience".
Man, I get a great driving experience every time I drop the top and listen to the exhaust sing as the A10 works it's magic and the wind blows through my......over my scalp.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Man, I get a great driving experience every time I drop the top and listen to the exhaust sing as the A10 works it's magic and the wind blows through my......over my scalp.
I have a low maintenance haircut as well :) I love the sound of the car when coming to a stop as it downshifts I bet the manual guys have never heard that............... oh wait:)

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I just saw a video YOUTUBE review of the Mach 1 with a 6 speed. The driver demonstrated a new "no lift shift' feature where you just keep your foot into it and shift gears with no clutch. I guess this is speed shifting with computer help but it must be tough on the Tremec. I still love my A10 and the factory remote start.
That's a great feature too bad its a one time only use though :)

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
It's personal preference. From a performance standpoint, a computer will shift faster than a human and with 4 more gears, it's a lot easier to keep the engine in it's power curve. I simply prefer a manual transmission. Get what you want, what you'll enjoy. I've had a manual transmission daily driver for so long, even stop and go traffic doesn't bother me. You learn where a car will stall etc and with the ridiculous gear ratios in my '19 GT (4.09 gears are coming) , I hardly ever have to clutch in when stuck in stop and go unless I have to actually stop.

I've never understood the argument. It's my money, my car - I don't feel the need to justify the choice I made to anyone. Pick what you want and enjoy it.
Not necessarily... there may be times where a human can shift faster than an auto. The difference is consistency and error which automatic will always win..., unless it's broke.

Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
19 GT PP1 10R80 30K miles no issues at all....other than driving too fast

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
No major issues at just over 10K. I am considering a reflash. Hard 4-5 shift in Sport mode using paddles. Tried KAM reset and still has it.