Sponsored

For those that have had engine clank, rattle, or knock, was the car down on power?

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Hi Guys,

So last week in the span of about ten miles, my car went from normal to developing a pretty load knock. It's bad enough that you can hear it in the car over the AC and fan! Anyhow, I drove straight home as soon as I noticed the noise and the car has been parked since. I have an appointment at the dealership tomorrow morning. I took if for a quick spin to put some fuel in it today and it's really down on power as well. I'm pretty bummed out. I bought the car new, and it has less than 9k fairly easy miles. I hate to be negative, but I'm expecting the worst... it sounds bad! I'll be honest, if they have to do extensive motor work I'm not even going to want the car anymore. Nothing is as good as factory fresh and I just don't trust the techs at the dealership to have the skill to get the car back together right. Anyhow, back to my question, for those of you that have had motor noise, was it down on power too? Also wondering, what the outcome was? Thanks in advance guys!

--Tom
Sponsored

Last edited:

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
If the noise is that loud your engine is toast. Get it to warranty ASAP!

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
If the noise is that loud your engine is toast. Get it to warranty ASAP!
It's already at the dealership. I parked the car the first time I heard the noise and didn't drive it until the dealer could get it in to be checked over. I have another post in this forum that has a youtube video of the noise the car was making if you care to check it out. I would add it here but I didn't want to cross post.
Sponsored