Sponsored

For those switching between E85 and pump gas tunes, how do you remind yourself which gas/tune you're on?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
For those who are running both E85 and pump tunes, do you do anything to remind yourself which gas is in the tank, so you don't cross the streams accidentally?

Just curious.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
For those who are running both E85 and pump tunes, do you do anything to remind yourself which gas is in the tank, so you don't cross the streams accidentally?

Just curious.
Well; you could write yourself a check for $15,000 and tape it to your front dash with, "New Engine Rebuild" written in the Notes section. So each time you get into the car the cost of a new engine will always be blatantly on your mind for this slip up. All Pundits aside, Good Luck, for that would be on my mind also.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I run an nGauge in my car and if I ever needed to, all I’d have to do is use the nGauge to tell me which tune I’m on at any given time. Having said that, you won’t ever forget which tune you’re on if you stay on the Flex tune. I’ve never had that issue, especially given the amount of time it takes to flash tunes, I just somehow remember very easily.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I run an nGauge in my car and if I ever needed to, all I’d have to do is use the nGauge to tell me which tune I’m on at any given time. Having said that, you won’t ever forget which tune you’re on if you stay on the Flex tune. I’ve never had that issue, especially given the amount of time it takes to flash tunes, I just somehow remember very easily.
Hey is their a suitable replacement for the ngauge yet?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hey is their a suitable replacement for the ngauge yet?
I’m not sure. I haven’t had to cross that bridge yet. I hope my nGauge doesn't fail me, but if it does, I’ll be on the look for something new.

Sponsored

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If you are running 91/93 octane tune, AFR should be around 13-14. If running E85 tune, AFR should be under 10.

OP
OP
NightmareMoon

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If you are running 91/93 octane tune, AFR should be around 13-14. If running E85 tune, AFR should be under 10.
AFR on this tune is often slightly over 10, but still on the first tank of gas and just starting the datalogging with the tuner tomorrow. Glad it runs worth a crap at all considering some of the oddball parts choices I made. It definitely seems happiest under 10 for sure. Around 8 AFR at full throttle feels strong. Thanks for the note, kinda helpful actually.
Sponsored