Sponsored

For those running a squared setup on PP wheels

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
If you're running a squared setup on performance pack wheels, do you rotate the wheels with tire or actually have the shop remove the tires so you keep your 9.5" wheels in the back?
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Have a shop dismount and rotate the tires on the wheels. The 9.5" wheels should stay in the back. They wont even fit in front without adding a spacer.

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Seems like it would be hard on the tires to have them mounted and removed so many times, wouldn't it?

This also brings up another question? Why are the rear wheels wider if the fronts can accommodate a tire the same size? As I understand it you can go as high as 285 all around on the factory PP wheels.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like it would be hard on the tires to have them mounted and removed so many times, wouldn't it?

This also brings up another question? Why are the rear wheels wider if the fronts can accommodate a tire the same size? As I understand it you can go as high as 285 all around on the factory PP wheels.
Most 285 tires wont work well on a 9" front. Some do. The PP wheels are barely wider at only 0.5" difference. Im not sure what ford was thinking. They arent the greatest wheels for performance, too narrow even at 9.5" and too heavy too. I guess they're pretty tough tho.

Its not really "hard" on the tires to mount/dismount them once or twice in their life, there is no damage dont if your tire installer knows what they're doing. The tires sure dont care. Their performance is not degraded by dismounting/remounting them.
Sponsored