For those of you with the FP tune package

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Recently got the Ford Performance tune for my car & pretty quickly realized that water will get into the air filter tub from the LH heat extractor hole in the hood.

What are you guys doing to mitigate this? I've thought about setting a pc of cardboard over the filter during washes, but I'm sure some of you guys drive your cars in the rain. How are you keeping water out of your filter tub?
Sponsored

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I gave it zero thought and have ran the tune in rain without issue for 2 years. The vent hole isn’t that big and it would take quite the inches/hour to really flood it. However, your question isn’t without some validity, might be worth it to post in the thread for that tune specifically to see if you get more feedback. I think I saw that Mach 1’s don’t have a cutout on the LH side of the under hood blanket; that might be the extent of any mitigation to potential issues.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ford-performance-tune-for-2018-gt.122943/

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
What are you guys doing to mitigate this?
Nothing, it doesn't. There's a plastic drip tray in the vent that catches water and diverts it if any should get in. But I've been through rains, carwashes, snow etc and I've never seen any water in the airbox.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Same as others, nothing. I live in Florida and have gotten caught in typical summer thunderstorm downpours with no problems.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
The air box gasket seals to the hood insulation.
But, if you removed the hood blanket, you may have a problem.
Sponsored