Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I knew that manufactures get certain tires "tuned" per see for a specific application. I didn't know all that that entails, learned something today, cool link.
Me too. I had no idea.
Sponsored

Thumpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I put some PS4S on a couple weeks ago. Love them - it drives so much nicer on the street. Doing another track day Friday so I’ll give some feedback compared to last month’s on the Cups.
Ran my second track day on Friday, this time with the PS4S. Ran the same times I did with the Cup 2 tires last month, which was a pleasant surprise. A bit more squealing from the tires, but they held up and didn’t have nearly the wear that the Cup 2 had. Love the PS4S!

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
Swapped my original Pirelli's for the PS4S's onto 19" x 11" all four corners along with camber plates and stiffer springs...wow is all I can say...even on the track!

Sponsored

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Costco has a deal that just started today that's pretty hard to beat. $150 off with install. PS4S in 305/19 and 315/19. I figured I would share since many of you like myself are replacing the Cup 2's for the best street tire. You also get the 5-year road hazard which is great.

Screenshot_20211115-125720.png
Thanks for alerting us! I’ve been on the fence about swapping out PS4S for All Season 4s, but at this price with warranty and installation, it’s time.

1637604759963.png

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Are the factory installed PS4S tires standard PS4S tires or are they an OEM version of them? Does Ford have their own PS4S version like BMW does?

This Is Why You Should Fit OE Tires To Your Car! [Michelin Pilot Sport 4S vs 4S*] - YouTube
there are differences as speced by the car manufacturers. the vid is BMW...i spoke with Michelin
a few years ago as Ford announced the coming 4S. Ford 's input for the GT series was only marginally different for the 4S as compared to a standard 4S where as say Porsche or Ferrari have "particular" requirements per each vehicle. i also questioned but ...?

StangersInTheNight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I wonder if they would change the tires on Carbon Fiber Wheels?
When I bought my R as second owner 5 months ago, the dealer agreed to put on a new set of 4S, but couldn't find the 315 so he set it square with the 305. A few weeks later, my local guy tracked down a pair of 315 for $660. And he's also the only shop in town with a touchless changer, which was important to me for the CF wheels, so it worked out well. I have Ground Control camber plates, so I had another shop that has a zero clearance rack set the alignment for track, and I just leave it that way, and the street ride is fine for me. Been to the track twice with the 4S, pretty sweet. I can still see the Michelin man on the edges.

IMG_2241.JPG

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
When I bought my R as second owner 5 months ago, the dealer agreed to put on a new set of 4S, but couldn't find the 315 so he set it square with the 305. A few weeks later, my local guy tracked down a pair of 315 for $660. And he's also the only shop in town with a touchless changer, which was important to me for the CF wheels, so it worked out well. I have Ground Control camber plates, so I had another shop that has a zero clearance rack set the alignment for track, and I just leave it that way, and the street ride is fine for me. Been to the track twice with the 4S, pretty sweet. I can still see the Michelin man on the edges.

IMG_2241.JPG
NICE! 👍. I have to search a shop with a Touchless Changer. I heard if you call Hunter, they will tell you who has one locally to you! Thanks so much for your input. Appreciated! Be well and “Happy Thanksgiving”!

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Just got mine put on yesterday evening.

PXL_20211127_005602547.jpg

Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Very nice picture of the Mach 1 in the garage! Looks like Christmas in the background too.

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Had mine installed by Costco with the discount noted last week. Two things:
1. The all seasons are a bit squishier for sure but I am completely comfortable with the trade off in favor of much better group in sub 40 degree temperatures. The car feels so much more confident on these cold roads here in Jersey.
2. Costco added green valve covers, I think because the new tires are filled with nitrogen. Very nice addition on the Bullitt!

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Had mine installed by Costco with the discount noted last week. Two things:
1. The all seasons are a bit squishier for sure but I am completely comfortable with the trade off in favor of much better group in sub 40 degree temperatures. The car feels so much more confident on these cold roads here in Jersey.
2. Costco added green valve covers, I think because the new tires are filled with nitrogen. Very nice addition on the Bullitt!
Yeah, I have nitrogen in mine too. My local Costco has a self serve nitrogen fill so it's not so bad. The worst part for me is just dodging the speed bumps.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Bumping an old post for new Mach 1 owners looking for these tires. Wait for the $150 off Costco deal on Michelins then that's the best time to buy. Great warranty, downside is nitrogen in your tires but if your Costco has free fill up areas, not a big deal.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Bumping an old post for new Mach 1 owners looking for these tires. Wait for the $150 off Costco deal on Michelins then that's the best time to buy. Great warranty, downside is nitrogen in your tires but if your Costco has free fill up areas, not a big deal.
Just curious if that is on top of the $70 rebate from Michelin. Now that would be a excellent deal!
Sponsored