Sponsored

For Those of US That Are Buying From a Small Ford Dealer---I Had a REVELATION...

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Sadly, I feel that even the large-town Ford dealers were pretty unknowledgeable when it came to my GT350R despite it being the Bay Area. One dealer said they almost couldn't replace the A/C compressor due to the tight belt and said one of their workers got injured doing it. Another dealer that replaced the 1st engine blown didn't tighten a coolant hose clamp tight enough and I spilled coolant all over the track, nearly causing a disaster for several cars. Several other times I had to go back and forth with two dealers on throttle hesitation/fault code and by the time I lemoned the car, it still wasn't fixed/resolved--thedealers were clueless when it came to diagnostics and were always on the phone with Ford Performance to get guidance. Servicing an F-150 vs a car that will see track time are two very different ballgames. With the latter, there is zero room for error as the heat/stresses of track abuse will soon expose any faulty parts/assembly/workmanship. If cars don't see the track, don't think you have to worry too much.
Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
Hey Chuck, i'm just an hour north of you in South Sioux City. If you don't mind me asking, which small town dealer did you go through?

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Hey Chuck, i'm just an hour north of you in South Sioux City. If you don't mind me asking, which small town dealer did you go through?
Sorry, I've heard of way too many horror stories of people calling dealers and offering more money. Can't help you on your question.

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
Understandable, I'm not currently in the market for one. After you take delivery maybe we can meet up so I can check it out. I'm usually down in Omaha a few times a year with my 93 Cobra for a few of the bigger car shows.
Sponsored