Sponsored

For anyone thinking about doing the Steeda H-pipe on a 18-19 GT...

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda h pipe.jpeg
Picked up a '19 GT 6 speed base a couple of weeks ago. Like many have mentioned, the stock exhaust does sound really good for a stock system. That being said, I saw and heard a '18 GT coming out of a gas station the week before I got my car....it sounded great. Not annoying, not raspy etc. After he parked, I asked the guy what he'd done to the exhaust. He said he'd had a H-pipe put in - nothing else. So after some digging, I picked up the Steeda h-pipe.

Took the car by the exhaust shop I've used for years this morning. He welded on the h-pipe and as the crappy picture I took shows - he welded a small brace where the tailpipes split. He said it keeps them some moving around as much

The sound is great, again in my opinion - I know exhaust is a very subjective thing.

Cold start is a bit louder - a deeper growl. Cruising along at speed - it's really not noticeable over stock. Once you get into it, it's louder - but it's somehow deeper. Love the sound.

So in my book, well worth the minimal investment.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I am! I've had my eye on the Steeda H-pipe since I picked up my '19 a few months ago. I've got the Active Exhaust, wanted to keep the sound levels across the various modes, but maybe amp up the louder modes a with a bit more low rumble :)

Sounds like a welded install is worth it, I was going to DIY it and use the camps, but might just get my local exhaust shop to do it.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda h pipe.jpeg
Picked up a '19 GT 6 speed base a couple of weeks ago. Like many have mentioned, the stock exhaust does sound really good for a stock system. That being said, I saw and heard a '18 GT coming out of a gas station the week before I got my car....it sounded great. Not annoying, not raspy etc. After he parked, I asked the guy what he'd done to the exhaust. He said he'd had a H-pipe put in - nothing else. So after some digging, I picked up the Steeda h-pipe.

Took the car by the exhaust shop I've used for years this morning. He welded on the h-pipe and as the crappy picture I took shows - he welded a small brace where the tailpipes split. He said it keeps them some moving around as much

The sound is great, again in my opinion - I know exhaust is a very subjective thing.

Cold start is a bit louder - a deeper growl. Cruising along at speed - it's really not noticeable over stock. Once you get into it, it's louder - but it's somehow deeper. Love the sound.

So in my book, well worth the minimal investment.
We very much appreciate the time & effort you took to provide your review on the forum - many thanks for your support!

If you ever need anything in the near future, don't hesitate to let us know :)

Best Regards,

TJ

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I am! I've had my eye on the Steeda H-pipe since I picked up my '19 a few months ago. I've got the Active Exhaust, wanted to keep the sound levels across the various modes, but maybe amp up the louder modes a with a bit more low rumble :)

Sounds like a welded install is worth it, I was going to DIY it and use the camps, but might just get my local exhaust shop to do it.
if you ever want to change out anything you should use at least some clamps otherwise your gonna have to cut the exhaust up for any tranny work or driveline work if im not mistaken.

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I had purchased both the X and the H from Steeda. Installed the X first but had really planned to go with the H due to the deeper tone. However the X sounds very similar to the flat plane gt350 to me. I do have active exhaust as well, in quiet mode its still very quiet and is not crazy loud in any mode except when ya rip on it. Absolutely no drone at all. I sold the H and kept the X. Very easy install. And if you are on the fence, this should be one of the first things you do!!! The Steeda sections are top notch!!!! And the clamps work just fine...

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Resonator delete and the Steeda H pipe makes the car sound friggin awesome!

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
if you ever want to change out anything you should use at least some clamps otherwise your gonna have to cut the exhaust up for any tranny work or driveline work if im not mistaken.
Nope. It mimics the factory exhaust - you simply loosen the clamps at the mid pipe, and drop the entire exhaust. I've done it on multiple S550s and it literally takes longer to get it up on jack stands than to drop the entire exhaust.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10

I would only weld the side closest to the rear. I wouldnt weld where it clamps to mid pipes. H-pipe with active exhaust to me is one of the best sounding setups Ive ever heard. My mak cat deletes go on this week and Im a bit concerned at what it will do because the current setup sounds so good

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
Resonator delete and the Steeda H pipe makes the car sound friggin awesome!
I did this on my '17 GT. It's perfect. Not a lot louder inside the car, but it's deeper and when I step on it , it roars.

Just what I wanted. At highway speeds zero drone, I can hold a normal conversation.

Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I started with a Steeda h pipe....then like opening up a big bag of chips, I just couldn't stop and found myself quickly adding the Pype's step down 1 3/4" into 1 7/8" primaries with 3" collectors (catless) and then a groovy looking black tipped MBRP muffler delete. Mine no longer sounds mean and throaty....it sounds more exotic and really pissed off. Cold start db's are 130! Zero interior drone as long as you keep your back seat in (I put mine back in after a quick removal to see). Scares old ladies and small children as I drive by...LOL

Reactions: A7X

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
H-pipe with active exhaust to me is one of the best sounding setups Ive ever heard.
Have to agree with you, the sound really is special with this setup, always makes me smile when I start and drive my GT.

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same setup on my 19 GT
I just need to get it welded the clamps don’t hold it in place very good
yep had mine installed and welded this past friday. steeda H pipe also.

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance

I have a '19 with Active, and added the Steeda H with just the cut and clamp; sounds great, looks great and has never shifted. Always get compliments on the old-school sound.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I ordered a Steeda myself. Received it in a day. Took it to the shop since I have no lift. Put it on in no time. They didnt weld. Clamps seem to be good enough.
Steedas h pipes are great because you dont have to mess with the heat shields on the 18/19s like you do with other ones.
I like how it sounds like stock, but amped up and not annoying. It's not to loud either. Really happy with it.
Sponsored