Sponsored

For any one with a supercharger did you upgrade the oil pump gears?

UnsatOFGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
After reading this I'm going to go ahead and order a set for my Roush install for peace of mind.
Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
After reading this I'm going to go ahead and order a set for my Roush install for peace of mind.
I agree thats a good choice for a supercharged application. Since we are talking about superchargers, not stock or turbo builds..i think its smart to spend a little more money for the peace of mind and not worry about it anymore. Will you need it? Maybe not. But id rather have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it and go boom. YMMV

UnsatOFGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I agree thats a good choice for a supercharged application. Since we are talking about superchargers, not stock or turbo builds..i think its smart to spend a little more money for the peace of mind and not worry about it anymore. Will you need it? Maybe not. But id rather have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it and go boom. YMMV
I was on the fence about it but rather than also wanting to go with more boost down the line (I know I'm limited with a Roush Phase 2 Kit) still rather be safer than sorry. Also rather fork out a bit more than another 800-1k+ down the line just to get them put in later. My only question is regular Boundary gears or the Black?

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I was on the fence about it but rather than also wanting to go with more boost down the line (I know I'm limited with a Roush Phase 2 Kit) still rather be safer than sorry. Also rather fork out a bit more than another 800-1k+ down the line just to get them put in later. My only question is regular Boundary gears or the Black?
Ive seen things saying black isn't necessary but if you want to, go for it. I used regular boundary. Just make sure your teeth line up with factory sprocket..mine didnt and caused me to be out of time until i caught their error.

UnsatOFGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm looking at the CS from Boundary also. Will the alignment be an issue that I need to tell the ford tech about?

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I'm looking at the CS from Boundary also. Will the alignment be an issue that I need to tell the ford tech about?
I would tell them to make sure just in case. Just say you've seen people say sometimes it's marked wrong so to make sure the timing mark lines up with the stock one. If not, mark it appropriately

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
never a bad idea

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
My friend keeps telling me I really should. So my next question is are cam gears included with the oil pump gear set. Educate me please. Not really familiar with this. Also how is the ford performance oil pump gear set I linked below for an 18? Will they do the job? Thanks in advance.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/ford...tor-oil-pump-gear-set-1119-gt-1519-gt350.html
2018 mustang gt about 20k miles with 8k on the supercharger (2650) about 810whp and I don't really rev it past 7.5k rpms. I have not experienced any issues with mine.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
2018 mustang gt about 20k miles with 8k on the supercharger (2650) about 810whp and I don't really rev it past 7.5k rpms. I have not experienced any issues with mine.
Hmm. That’s a very conservative way to drive a boosted car considering even whipple sets their tune at 7700 red line. I personally think it’s a good idea to do a $329 upgrade plus labor to prevent a possible $20k catastrophic engine failure problem. Lol. I have since my original post realized OPG/CS gears are a good idea.

Last edited:

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Hmm. That’s a very conservative way to drive a boosted car considering even whipple sets their tune at 7700 red line. I personally think it’s a good idea to do a $329 upgrade plus labor to prevent a possible $20k catastrophic engine failure problem. Lol. I have since my original post realized OPG/CS gears are a good idea.
Opg/cs are a good idea. But a new short block from ford is $1700-$1800 You are paying a lot of labor if it cost 20k

Sponsored

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Someone got into contact with me locally that has done the OPG and CS install quite a bit and quoted $1500 for install. Less than half the price the other 3 places that quoted me here near Seattle. Went ahead and ordered the Boundary OPG and FP CS for a total of $245.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someone got into contact with me locally that has done the OPG and CS install quite a bit and quoted $1500 for install. Less than half the price the other 3 places that quoted me here near Seattle. Went ahead and ordered the Boundary OPG and FP CS for a total of $245.
My shop is $1350
Install. But there’s cheaper.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it can also lead to catastrophic engine failure. Where it’s costing a new engine or a rebuild. I’ll spend the$1600.

UnsatOFGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Where did you get your quote? My Ford Dealer in Port Orchard will do the Phase 2 kit but not the OPG's and CS since they aren't Ford Performance or from Roush. Looking at TheMustangShop Performance & Dyno Tuning in Kent now.

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Where did you get your quote? My Ford Dealer in Port Orchard will do the Phase 2 kit but not the OPG's and CS since they aren't Ford Performance or from Roush. Looking at TheMustangShop Performance & Dyno Tuning in Kent now.
This is going to sound weird, but Redmond Tire Pros. Apparently they have done a lot and are very familiar with our cars. Joe Burch is the name to ask for. KD Motorsports was the $3227.40 quote. A bit insane, but I don't think they are familiar with our cars much. So an obvious no go there.
Sponsored