Sponsored

For '18 & '19 owners: Anyone running a drop in Air Filter?

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
If anyone is planning on getting these it looks like AFE is selling them direct for the lowest price ($52.28) before shipping which for me was $5 ground.

It was the best deal unless you bought more items to get free freight from other companies and even then it seemed a wash. Seems like they have two part numbers. One is grey and one is blue.
Sponsored

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I bought a K&N for my 18 a couple hundred miles after driving it off the lot. Gave me nothing but issues - car would go into limp mode and throw codes to the PCM. Went back to paper filter - zero issues since. Mine may have had a bad seal. That said, I’m going to wait for power packs to be released from FRP or get the Roush Pac 1.

craigsix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
If anyone is planning on getting these it looks like AFE is selling them direct for the lowest price ($52.28) before shipping which for me was $5 ground.

It was the best deal unless you bought more items to get free freight from other companies and even then it seemed a wash. Seems like they have two part numbers. One is grey and one is blue.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Take out the charcoal filter and smooth out the lid of your air box. This is worth more than a k&n and it's free. If you're at the track, pull the filter all together.

Sponsored

chunter415

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1, 2019 F150
I put in a K&N while I wait for the power packs from FP and i haven't noticed any difference, at best they are small and minor improvements. The only time I've really noticed any improvement is sitting in traffic or at a light I believe the intake air temp is 5-10 degrees colder, but that could be my perception and nothing really. However when you start to drive again and normal air temp hits it and the intake temp is back to normal rate with or without the K&N. Bottom line next time I'll just get a quality replacement from Auto Zone (instead of paying the Ford dealer premium) and be good with that. And if you really care about that 2-3 hp that a dirty filter can provide (which on the 18 with 460 stock is less than 1%) then you can clean it out or replace it frequently.

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I am running a drop in K&N with no issues.

Oceanside_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I ran a K&N shortly after I got my car, but the difference was negligible. Save the $50 towards something more definitive.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Dynod today on same dyno after reinstalling the stock intake but with k&n drop in following the steeda cai experiment. The last pull was 460/414, today was 471/423 but I attribute 95% of that to it not being 112 out like it was last time, k&n probably good for a couple lol.

Again I likely would not have even added the k&n had I not had it new in box as a gift from last xmas.
Sponsored